I have just started cycling to work and..

It amazes me even more than when i'm in the car at how oblivious other drivers are to you.

Yesterday for example, i'm cycling along a road at speed, woman to my left at a side road in a big 4*4 decides to try and pull straight accross my path to turn right. Worst thing was she looked straight at me first!!

Ive only been biking for 5 days and already have seen so many dangerous things by car drivers just to get past me.

I used to be anti-cycle but this has really opened my eyes. Anyone who has the ability to, ride to work for a week and you will appreciate what your driving and what damage it can do 10 times more.

It amazes me even more than when i'm in the car at how oblivious other drivers are to you.

Yesterday for example, i'm cycling along a road at speed, woman to my left at a side road in a big 4*4 decides to try and pull straight accross my path to turn right. Worst thing was she looked straight at me first!!

Ive only been biking for 5 days and already have seen so many dangerous things by car drivers just to get past me.

I used to be anti-cycle but this has really opened my eyes. Anyone who has the ability to, ride to work for a week and you will appreciate what your driving and what damage it can do 10 times more.

Agree.

It takes a lot of bottle to cycle on main roads (at any given time). BTW, I take it you have some sort of a shower system at work ?

You will get used to it and eventually learn to anticipate even the most stupid attempts to knock you off your bike :suspect:

The other day I was nearly removed from my bike by an absent minded young lady. She was trundling along in the right-hand lane of the dual carriageway and proceeded to move over to the left lane, however, I must have been invisible that day as she came straight into me. Fortunately, I was switched on and averted collision by serving onto the pavement.

It certainly makes travelling to work much more eventful, I can tell you :D

Agree.

It takes a lot of bottle to cycle on main roads (at any given time). BTW, I take it you have some sort of a shower system at work ?

Luckily we do, its certainly made me more alert while driving around cyclists. I do like the fact that alot of cars take risks to get past you, but 200 mtrs down the road at the lights you go straigh to the frint of the que.

As for legalities on filtering am I right in thing I am fine to go down the left side of staitionary and slow moving traffic aslong as no one is indicating left?

Leave the 2 inch gutter that they think you can cycle in and they think you are fair game.

Good point, that's just reminded me, whatever happened to those semaphore type plastic sticks that cyclists used to have, not seen one in ages. What was their proper name ?

Luckily we do, its certainly made me more alert while driving around cyclists. I do like the fact that alot of cars take risks to get past you, but 200 mtrs down the road at the lights you go straigh to the frint of the que.

As for legalities on filtering am I right in thing I am fine to go down the left side of staitionary and slow moving traffic aslong as no one is indicating left?

Yes please don't do what one cyclist did to me and filter past on the left at a junction as I was actually making a left turn (whilst indicating)! Then when I beeped to alert him to the fact that he'd just been trying to commit suicide he was so busy giving me the finger he rode into the back of a parked van!

It was hilarious, just desserts.

Archived