I have just started cycling to work and..

Agree.

It takes a lot of bottle to cycle on main roads (at any given time). BTW, I take it you have some sort of a shower system at work ?

Lol, I cycle to work most days, its about an 11 mile round trip; In this hotter weather I've started cycling in light tracky bottoms and t shirt etc, then getting changed into my work clothes at work.

I do like the fact that alot of cars take risks to get past you, but 200 mtrs down the road at the lights you go straigh to the frint of the que.

Except for when you get those vindictive drivers ahead of you that position themselves close up the kurb on purpose so that you can't pass them :roll:

Except for when you get those vindictive drivers ahead of you that position themselves close up the kurb on purpose so that you can't pass them :roll:

Who get really upset when you pass them on the right. ;)

Luckily we do, its certainly made me more alert while driving around cyclists. I do like the fact that alot of cars take risks to get past you, but 200 mtrs down the road at the lights you go straigh to the frint of the que.

As for legalities on filtering am I right in thing I am fine to go down the left side of staitionary and slow moving traffic aslong as no one is indicating left?

IIRC, the Highway Code doesn't specifically allow it, but neither does it say you cannot. It also warns road users to look out for cyclists and motorcyclists filtering on both sides, so clearly acknowledges that it happens.

There seems to be a real big divide between cyclists and car users, but to be honest before I rode I was a little pig headed towards cyclists. I was advised by someone on here to try cycling and it would change your views I did and it did.

Maybe there should be a compulsary section of the driving test where you have to cycle on the road for a day. i think it would be an eye opener to alot of people.

There seems to be a real big divide between cyclists and car users, but to be honest before I rode I was a little pig headed towards cyclists. I was advised by someone on here to try cycling and it would change your views I did and it did.

Maybe there should be a compulsary section of the driving test where you have to cycle on the road for a day. i think it would be an eye opener to alot of people.

A good idea, if it were practical. It would help if everyone had some experience of every other type of vehicle - m/cycle, HGV, etc, so as to understand the issues faced by these other users.

Archived