Drought in the Horn of Africa?

The whole system is so full of corruption. donations are pointless. Unless you want to make the situation worse that is.

Well Oxfam doesn't seem to think so - and it also refutes many of your points - most donated money goes to people in need - not into the hands of governments.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/oxfam_in_action/what_we_do/binmyth_slideshow.html

You want African children to die. Is it because they're black kids and as a well known white nationalist you think that's a good thing?

What? By giving aid your killing kids:rant: your doing this by supplying the killers with an income. Your aid is the incentive to cause the problem. As for the rest of your drivel you are wrong.

Oxfam are lying to protect there income.

Really? They do go to a lot of trouble to forge evidence about all the projects they've been involved in don't they - I'm sure you can prove these don't exist. Same goes to all the stuff shown by Comic Relief.

None of the aid agencies give money to African governments - where government overseas aid goes is a different matter as much is tied up with foreign governments purchasing arms from British companies.

I think most the issues have been highlighted...

- Overpopulation

- War (all types)

- Corruption

Question is, if the AID we give through the western organisations are not going to help Africa out of this hole (long term) then what can we do?

Aside from re-colonisation I can't see what on earth we can do to help these people?

really? that's the only solution you can see working?

"Give a man a fish you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime"

What Africans really need is long term investments so don't depend on Europe or USA for food.

The big problem is the people who govern these African countries. The corruption is partly responsible for people starving in Africa.

Trouble with that is in somalia they are taught to fish with automatic weapons and the fish they catch are oil tankers and cargo ships which they hold on to for millions in ransom, We need to sort our own poverty and homeless situations out before throwing cash into a bottomless pit every year like we have been doing. I wonder how many guns and tanks we have bought the corrupt african governments over the years with our charity millions?

Trouble with that is in somalia they are taught to fish with automatic weapons and the fish they catch are oil tankers and cargo ships which they hold on to for millions in ransom, We need to sort our own poverty and homeless situations out before throwing cash into a bottomless pit every year like we have been doing. I wonder how many guns and tanks we have bought the corrupt african governments over the years with our charity millions?

part of sorting out 'our poverty etc' is sorting out the piracy problem, and others, as our own businesses, therefore, us benefit. the world's just too small for us to think all we need to do is sort out what is in our borders and we'll be fine. 'charity' by our government never is charity, more investment...as it's always been.

I think most the issues have been highlighted...

- Overpopulation

- War (all types)

- Corruption

Question is, if the AID we give through the western organisations are not going to help Africa out of this hole (long term) then what can we do?

Aside from re-colonisation I can't see what on earth we can do to help these people?

Stop trade stop aid, just walk away. Unless say guns are exchanged for food?

It might sit very comfortably with some on here to sit on their fat backsides and watch little African children die. I'm not one of them.

People can blether about corruption and dodgy leaders till the cows come home - but if people are starving to death I believe we have a moral imperative to help them.

Why we and not I, if you feel the need to help , then help but don’t expect everyone to just because you want to.

Archived