Drought in the Horn of Africa?

Hold on a minute they can feed and water livestock to trade for arms whilst we feed their families.

The certainly saw us coming from a long way off.

Who's this their? The warlords don't really care for the large numbers of starving people - especially if they're other "tribes" or religion.

I would think the fact that Africans are still starving and want more aid is evidence that money hasn’t solved their problems.

Maybe because the money doesn't really go that far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14132721

"The UK has pledged £38m in food aid to drought-hit Ethiopia - enough to feed 1.3 million people for three months."

Around 10 million are in danger of starvation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2pac

What problems have they solved with there billions? None.

longcol replied

Evidence please - all you do is make accusations - never backed up with facts.

So where did last years money go? Evidence please.

Or did you mean us in the British sense, which would include you.

i was born there.

and, while, i'm british now i'm still african, first and foremost.

but i used the 'you' in this case, in the same sense you used it.

Maybe because the money doesn't really go that far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14132721

"The UK has pledged £38m in food aid to drought-hit Ethiopia - enough to feed 1.3 million people for three months."

Around 10 million are in danger of starvation.

So what happened to all the aid given down the years plus the massive amount from 'Band Aid'?

Where do they get the money from for tanks etc?

The former British colonies were handed over in a very good state of affairs plus generous overseas aid funding down the years.

You tell us where it all went and then you'll not have to ask such silly questions.

The British public are getting totaly fed up with the bottomless pit of Africa

ah, B. in a 'very good state' according to whom? The people still had nothing. Nothing changed on the ground, except the fact that there was a different monster in charge. In most cases one more or less handpicked by the old powers. And the 'aid', as it still does, came with so many stings as to be pretty much just protection money for the old status quo.

not saying that nothing good came out of it all. a lot did. but don't get it twisted and say 'we left it in a good state'.

the Romans probably said the same thing when they went back home and left the Britons to it. would they have been right to say they 'left the place is a good state'?

Archived