Drought in the Horn of Africa?

It's all a waste of time. People are dying because there are too many of them. Saving people today will just mean many times more people starving to death in 20 years time.

Food is plentiful on this planet. Wars are the main causes of (mass) deaths on this planet.

Wars that are being financed by certain governments in the West..

What happened to all the millions raised in the last 20 or so years for this area?

I'd like to know too, governments and aid workers must be aware of this and they should learn how to bypass it and make it clear to everyone who donates that the money is to be supervised or not given out.

All very worrying.:(

"Give a man a fish you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime"

What Africans really need is long term investments so don't depend on Europe or USA for food.

The big problem is the people who govern these African countries. The corruption is partly responsible for people starving in Africa.

I haven't given to these causes since I found out how much corruption there was, sorry to say this, but I would rather other solutions are found.

A wise man told me a few years ago about Zimbabwe being the food bowl of Africa supporting many countries, until things changes and the land was ruined. I've never heard or seen anything about this position since so can't back it up but would welcome any information backing this up?

can anyone tell me why we have to feed the starving masses when there own government lets them starve but also remember there goverment are still able to spend thousands of millions of pounds on weapons aircraft and fancy palaces for thier leaders.

There’s always a drought in that area and the animals are left to suffer.

Drought Threatens Nomads in Horn of Africa March 23, 2006

December 08, 2009

The issue of drought in the Horn of Africa

14 Nov 2003 – ... of people have been devastated by drought in the Horn of Africa

There is a conflict between wild animals and people over the scarce resources. Hyenas and baboons gather around water points and attack villagers. Another risk is the contamination of water points. Wart hogs approach and try to bathe in the water. Villagers have to chase them away because according to their beliefs and traditions the water would become impure if these animals bathed in it. Then they could no longer use it.

This is just wrong that people are chasing wild animals away from the water.

can anyone tell me why we have to feed the starving masses when there own government lets them starve but also remember there goverment are still able to spend thousands of millions of pounds on weapons aircraft and fancy palaces for thier leaders.

Because their "government" are scum and people who give to charity are not.

Archived