Drought in the Horn of Africa?

Let's see what Skinz, Longcol and Kaimani have to say about this which is virtual proof about what I and others have been saying on this and another thread.

Come on guys Ethiopia must be a land flowing with milk and money.

They will blame us somehow:roll:

You seem to refuse to notice that everyone, Me included, agrees that aid that goes to governments that have screwed up priorities is wrong, and makes the situation worse. I can give you reels of evidence of near enough every crackpot despot from everywhere buying up arms left right and centre, half the times from the very same governments that give them aid too.

Everyone agrees with the fact that it’s a situation that can’t be allowed to continue. What we don't agree with are your suggestions on how to fix the problem.

And, what I, personally, totally reject, are your 'reasons' why the situation is what it is.

50 years? That’s nothing in nation building years. Look at any nation that's been ruled by another and see how long it took before they even got some semblance of 'peace and stability'..

Israel didn't do too bad did it?

Less than 10 years old kicked Arab Ass in 56/7.

20 years old kicked arab ass left right and centre in the 6 day war.

Kicked even more Arab ass in Yom Kippur, biggest tank battle since WWII, completely cut off the Egyptian army.

Now the Arabs have been there for thousands of years and still they get whupped as have the Somalis and Etiopians.

Kicked even more Arab ass in Yom Kippur, biggest tank battle in history, completely cut off the Egyptian army.

Now the Arabs have been there for thousands of years and still they get whupped as have the Somalis and Etiopians.

Are you sure, I always thought that the battle of Kursk was the biggest tank battle in history?

Firstly, do you have evidence that the charity money gets paid directly to the government? Secondly, do Ethiopia's population deserve to starve because their government behaves in such a diabolical manner?
Well it certainly doesn't go to the people who're starving does it.

So do tell us where does $100million to by tanks not food or pay for irrigation projects suddenly appear from in this poor starving country, has the tooth fairy been busy?

Oh and not the one about selling cows and goats to the Arabs.

Well it certainly doesn't go to the people who're starving does it.

Maybe it's gone to the ones who were once starving before they were fed by a charity or NGO?

So do tell us where does $100million to by tanks not food or pay for irrigation projects suddenly appear from in this poor starving country, has the tooth fairy been busy?

Oh and not the one about selling cows and goats to the Arabs.

You'll have to ask the Ethiopian government these questions, why do you think I can answer for their despicable actions? Also, do you believe that the Ethiopian people should suffer because of their governments disgraceful actions?

Kicked even more Arab ass in Yom Kippur, biggest tank battle since WWII, completely cut off the Egyptian army.

Same point. the wars, the infighting etc. four hundred years from now they'll all be history, but in this stage of its growth things are rough...because of shifting borders, loyalties, identities etc. it's the same with all nations. Even Britain.

The Israel thing is somewhat complicated by how it came to be, but the basics are the same...nation building is not a matter of decades.

Same point. the wars, the infighting etc. four hundred years from now they'll all be history, but in this stage of its growth things are rough...because of shifting borders, loyalties, identities etc. it's the same with all nations. Even Britain.

The Israel thing is somewhat complicated by how it came to be, but the basics are the same...nation building is not a matter of decades.

I generally agree with you kaimani but have to disagree with comparing israel with african nations. They created a modern western democracy, while under the gun from attacking neighbours. Lets be honest, no african country has done anything like that, Botswana has done a great job but not under the gun, other than Botswana africa has failed.

I generally agree with you kaimani but have to disagree with comparing israel with african nations. They created a modern western democracy, while under the gun from attacking neighbours. Lets be honest, no african country has done anything like that, Botswana has done a great job but not under the gun, other than Botswana africa has failed.

That's one out of fifty two.

I did state that the Israel situation is different. And, you're right, they have done a 'better' job at it, for many different reasons.

The African situation has its own reasons for being so messed up.

the point is was driving at is that to expect a people that lived under one system when 'you' came in, lived under the worst and most warped version of the very system they're then expected to inherit and refine is rich. Especially as this country, hundreds of years later, is still struggling with the same system.

Archived