Drought in the Horn of Africa?

You see, the West has to feed the starving; so that their own dictators won't have to (but can continue to pay for pointless wars).

What is good about this is that 12 months ago the do-gooders would have been jumping down our throats and hurling all sorts of abuse at us, but times have changed the begging people have gone to the well once too often.

As I said on the topic last year "What will have changed in the next 12 months" well the chickens have come home to roost. If what I said last year has sown seeds of thought then I'm glad.

Charity begins at home!

Hello edl

At first i thought this was trolling but then I realised you folk are serious.

Let the kiddies die, whilst we are starving ourselves?

It's a fact that in a developing country there is a high number of offspring to sustain the population due to a high rate of death (also to look after parents when get elderly). In developed countries there is a lower birth rate due to a lower rate of death (more wealth for family etc), hence a higher ageing population which is happening in the western world.

And in light of the recent Japan, New Zealand, Australia and USA natural disasters, surely we should ignore giving charity to them?

Hello edl

At first i thought this was trolling but then I realised you folk are serious.

Let the kiddies die, whilst we are starving ourselves?

It's a fact that in a developing country there is a high number of offspring to sustain the population due to a high rate of death (also to look after parents when get elderly). In developed countries there is a lower birth rate due to a lower rate of death (more wealth for family etc), hence a higher ageing population which is happening in the western world.

And in light of the recent Japan, New Zealand, Australia and USA natural disasters, surely we should ignore giving charity to them?

Never so many words typed to say nothing.

No-one wants anyone to die, but the fault is fairly and squarely on their corrupt and loony dictators.

It might sit very comfortably with some on here to sit on their fat backsides and watch little African children die. I'm not one of them.

People can blether about corruption and dodgy leaders till the cows come home - but if people are starving to death I believe we have a moral imperative to help them.

It might sit very comfortably with some on here to sit on their fat backsides and watch little African children die. I'm not one of them.

People can blether about corruption and dodgy leaders till the cows come home - but if people are starving to death I believe we have a moral imperative to help them.

By giving money?

Archived