How much does a wedding reception cost?

Hello,

How much should a wedding reception cost? That is including the flowers, food, music, decor, and banquet hall. This is going to be an Indian style wedding (from India, not native American), Any suggestions highly appreciated!! Hope you will cooperate with me.

Thanks in Advance

Jeremie Miller

How long is a piece of string? You'll spend as much as your budget plus (probably) as much as either of you feel you want to spend over that, and still you'll feel like you've skimped no matter how much you bankrupt yourselves.

My reception cost £1200 20 years ago. It could have cost £100,000 and I would still be more sad at breaking up than the money it cost to get married. My wealth is my kids, money talks but it don't sing and dance or walk. Then again I'm a Jew so making money is a matter of good buisness and a little luck.

We paid out 2,000 dollars for my youmgest son's reception and that was just for the room for 7 hours.

Lo and behold if he didnt come home early from a weekend with his fiancee three weeks before the wedding and said he was finished with her.

We never got the 2,000.00 dollars back either. The country club said that at such short notice they would not be able to rent it out for another reception.

Archived