How much does a wedding reception cost?

As it is an Indian wedding you might find it useful to go to some of the Indian Wedding Forums. The You and Your Wedding Forum also has a section for Asian Weddings.

Other than that it shouldn't cost any particular figure. I think the average Wedding in the UK (that's the whole thing, not just the reception) costs around £20000. But you can spend as little or as much as you like.

As it is an Indian wedding you might find it useful to go to some of the Indian Wedding Forums. The You and Your Wedding Forum also has a section for Asian Weddings.

Other than that it shouldn't cost any particular figure. I think the average Wedding in the UK (that's the whole thing, not just the reception) costs around £20000. But you can spend as little or as much as you like.

Woah that is a lot of money! We were well under the average then, ours was about £8000 in total, but we didn't want a big event.

it will cost as much as you want to spend it doesn't have to be a big extravagant affair if you don't want it to be, it should always be a day you want not what you think you should have coz other people have told yoou to

It really depends. Some places let you use their function room for free and you could have family and friends put on a buffet. At the other end of the scale you've got places that charge £1000s and tie you in to using their expensive in house caterers. That's an option I'd avoid if you're trying to save money, which you could do by DIYing or shopping around. However some people prefer to pay more for the convenience factor.

Archived