Opinions on The Edge?

jana

Went to look at The Edge climbing wall centre today and would like to know if any forum members have been & I would very much value your opinion.

Used to go rock climbing many, many years ago (20+!!) - only tame, simple stuff but very much enjoyed it. Whilst I have never been to a climbing wall before, I do fancy giving it a try.

I was very impressed with the look of the climbing walls -work of art - however what I`d like to know from forum members is if the centre is welcoming to novices who may be a little feeble and out of shape or is it a sort of place for serious climbers who would shun the beginner?

Not been for a couple of years, but always enjoyed the edge. Like the foundry plenty to try at various grades. I was told the edge was the 'posier' of the two.

Never seemed like that, to me. Try both. See which you prefer.

They both have instructors, if you want to ease back.

Both The Edge and Foundry have beginner classes (I did mine at The Edge and it was good!). I've been at both walls when there have been groups of kids climbing.

I prefer The Foundry - there's more choice of routes and seems more space. I don't like The Edge since they got rid of the pit bit.

Claire xx

Archived