Gaza Siege Being Enforced From Europe,

unlike this shower, Arab leaders understood themselves, that "Palestine" - though they never called it that until from 1918 onwards, was just one of their colonial aquisitions, no different than Spain or Iran, which they also lost.

unlike this shower, Arab leaders understood themselves, that "Palestine" - though they never called it that until from 1918 onwards, was just one of their colonial aquisitions, no different than Spain or Iran, which they also lost.

No they didn't. Actually, if my history lessons hold out, the Roman's took the land from the Jews are called it Palestina.

"The Roman Emperor Hadrian determined to wipe out the identity of Israel-Judah-Judea. Therefore, he took the name Palastina and imposed it on all the Land of Israel."

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_early_palestine_brief_history.php

Palestine is a Latin/European word, coined by the Romans in the mid 2nd century AD, following the failure of the proto-Zionist Bar Kockhba revolt, they renamed it Palestine from that they called it before, Judea. Europeans called it Palestine, but Arabs never did. If they called it anything at all, they would refer to it as a province of Syria.

There was no region demarcated as "Palestine" - neither Arab or Turkish - within the Ottoman empire.

Maps equated "Palestine" with the "Holy Land" - sometimes explicitly listing them as "Ivda [Juda] et Israel" - and depicted the areas of the Jewish tribes:

In the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica, the entry for "Palestine" reads like this:

|| PALESTINE, a geographical name of rather loose application. Etymological strictness would require it to denote exclusively the narrow strip of coast-land once occupied by the Philistines, from whose name it is derived. It is, however, conventionally used as a name for the territory which, in the Old Testament, is claimed as the inheritance of the pre-exilic Hebrews; thus it may be said generally to denote the southern third of the province of Syria.

Kurdistan, like the Land of Israel (or "Palestine" as Europeans called it) was similarly under foreign Ottoman occupation, and there had been times, like Israel, when it had been under Arab control. Pretending that "Palestine" was an Arab state is as absurd as pretending that Kurdistan was an Arab state.

Hi truthlogic:wave:

Not this again, you lot got truthlogic a life ban after accusing him of having 2 accounts

The daft thing is it was because I quoted myself and some got paranoid about it.

(I remember though Longcol you saw it for what it was)

If holding similar views as another member means they must be the same person half the forum should be banned.

The only person who gets an account banned is the account user by breaking forum rules. If you have questions about moderation then I strongly suggest that you discuss them with the helpdesk rather than on the open boards and I also suggest that people refrain from making accusations about other users.

I guess you can not answer or dont know how did the Jews get all the way too Russia ?

[but I will side step the issue and discuss :

"Do your research. At the end of the first world war Jews from all across Europe and Russia started settling in the Palestine after the Balfour Declaration of 1917 (look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about "(quote)

I know it very well, here it is-

Foreign Office,

November 2nd, 1917.

Dear Lord Rothschild,

I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet:

"His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country".

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours sincerely

Arthur James Balfour

" Ottomans, ever heard of them? Big Turkish Empire conquerred most of the middle east, fought on the side of the Germans in WW-I? was poor with little going for it. ".

Hahaha you are funny - I like how people try to keep people dumb down about modern world history and the reasons for the ottomans joining the central alliance !

The ottomans were bankrupted by European banks , ( sound familiar ?)

Britain did nothing to dissuade ottomans in joining Germany and the allied powers. It even with held two ships which turkey had paid for ...

I Think it was the Germans who said they would bail them out if they gave then a hand and join the Central powers .

Germany also did not want the ottomans to join the allies and in persuading then they also got Bulgaria and Romania to join the central alliance .

The russians who were the arch enemy of the ottomans were asked to fight for the allies . ( same Russians who now inhabit the middle east )

The British attacked taking over Iraq then jerusalem , aided by a LOCAL Arab revolt !

All in all first world war was to capture Jerusalem second to make it into the State.

"The arrival of large numbers of European and Russian Jews brought wealth and encouraged the immigration of the people who now call themselves Palestinians from Egypt and Syria. STOP THE PRESS Did I just say that the majority of 'Palestinians arrived AFTER the Jews!!

What are you talking about Egypt and Syria as nations did not exist .

Are you saying that the brown Arabs who live in the middle east arrived after the 1913s?

" Syrian and Egyptian immigrants hoping to get wealthy on the new money arriving in the Palestine or bought by the wealthy Jews emigrating into the Palestine and it sort of shoots this idea of the Palestinians being pushed out by Israel. The Jews already owned large areas of the Palestine before the immigrant Syrians and Egyptians, ".

What the hell are you on about ? As soon as the European and russian Jews start arriving the got armed formed militias caused the first ever examples of terrorism . Were on earth do you get the jews were spreading wealth for the local Arabs ??

" Personally I think there is a fair amount of irony in the Palestinians whining about somebody doing to them what their grandads did to other people. So go on prove me wrong?

Trust me it's not hard to prove ur nonsense wrong . Tell me which people did Palestinians throw out as you claim ?? And when did this all happen?

Palestine is a Latin/European word, coined by the Romans in the mid 2nd century AD, following the failure of the proto-Zionist Bar Kockhba revolt, they renamed it Palestine from that they called it before, Judea. Europeans called it Palestine, but Arabs never did. If they called it anything at all, they would refer to it as a province of Syria.

There was no region demarcated as "Palestine" - neither Arab or Turkish - within the Ottoman empire.

Maps equated "Palestine" with the "Holy Land" - sometimes explicitly listing them as "Ivda [Juda] et Israel" - and depicted the areas of the Jewish tribes:

In the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica, the entry for "Palestine" reads like this:

|| PALESTINE, a geographical name of rather loose application. Etymological strictness would require it to denote exclusively the narrow strip of coast-land once occupied by the Philistines, from whose name it is derived. It is, however, conventionally used as a name for the territory which, in the Old Testament, is claimed as the inheritance of the pre-exilic Hebrews; thus it may be said generally to denote the southern third of the province of Syria.

Kurdistan, like the Land of Israel (or "Palestine" as Europeans called it) was similarly under foreign Ottoman occupation, and there had been times, like Israel, when it had been under Arab control. Pretending that "Palestine" was an Arab state is as absurd as pretending that Kurdistan was an Arab state.

please please tell me when and how did are the jews in russia from the middle east?

funny how every one living in that area , well most including muslims , jews, Christians , copts, and other faiths all look like each other ,,,

the new arrivals all look european and russian, why is that? did the brown get breed out of the settlers ?

this clown is not worth debating with. How old are you. How long have you been out of nappies.

notice how the lucid defenders of the Arab case, who do exist, and whom in some cases, I admire or at least respect their viewpoint, never side with the likes of these racist antisemites, which is good for them I suppose, but lowers the quality of the discourse. They're embarrassed to be seen to be on the same side.

Israel/Palestine is a serious issue. These infants cause it to descend to a level lower than the average kindergarten. Their silly rantings do the Palestinian Arabs no favours. Heaven help the Palestinians if all they have to defend them are the likes of these.

Archived