Fox Family history near Sheffield

I know David W Fox who now lives at Mosborough and lived at Chiwali Farm.

He was an Inspector in the Police Force, now retired.

He appears to be the son of Ronald W Fox.

I believe the Fox family lived at Moorhole Farm after my GGgrandfather Thomas Lee and then his son John Lee.

Tuppie

Edited by Tuppie

• 2 months later...

Hi there, My mother was Beattie Fox, one of Walter and Beatrice Fox's 4 children. She married a local farmer, Herbert Ellis and they moved to Retford in Nottinghamshire in 1951, the year I was born. My mother is still alive aged 95 and living in a nursing home but her mind is mostly gone. All her brothers are now dead and I lost touch with her sister Elsie. Elsie was married to Harry Ellis, my father's brother!

My mother's youngest brother Eric emigrated to Australia and I visited him there in 1981. He had 3 children and the eldest Patricia emigrated to the USA so wondered if you might be related to her? I could give you pleanty more information if you have specific questions.

• 10 years later...
On 13/09/2011 at 19:19, harrogate said:

Hi there, My mother was Beattie Fox, one of Walter and Beatrice Fox's 4 children. She married a local farmer, Herbert Ellis and they moved to Retford in Nottinghamshire in 1951, the year I was born. My mother is still alive aged 95 and living in a nursing home but her mind is mostly gone. All her brothers are now dead and I lost touch with her sister Elsie. Elsie was married to Harry Ellis, my father's brother!

My mother's youngest brother Eric emigrated to Australia and I visited him there in 1981. He had 3 children and the eldest Patricia emigrated to the USA so wondered if you might be related to her? I could give you pleanty more information if you have specific questions.

Hi there

I'm researching on behalf of my husband. 

We are looking for Barbara Elizabeth Ellis, born 16th May 1946.

Her parents were Henry (Harry) Ellis and Elsie,  née Fox. Henry was a farmer in Sheffield,  Elsie was from Chesterfield (we think).

We are just wondering if you would be able to give us any more details of the family and any news of Barbara, who I believe would be your cousin?

Thanking you in anticipation!

Edited by Diane Lowe
Changed wording