Does driving bring out the very worst in people?

I agree, but it also makes me really cross when I let someone out and don't even get a thank you wave!

Same here, it takes hardly any effort to lift your fingers up and acknowledge another driver doing you a favour.

Doesn't bother me anymore, I just flick a V-sign as they drive past :hihi:

Same here, in fact it can ruin my day, I must be getting over sensitive in my old age.

Handy hint: in all things have as your default position the assumption that all others are rude, pea-brained, ignorant, halfwits until proven otherwise. That way, each friendly acknowledgement will come as a pleasant surprise, and you'll hardly notice others' discourtesy.

Handy hint: in all things have as your default position the assumption that all others are rude, pea-brained, ignorant, halfwits until proven otherwise.

That's a depressing attitude in dealing with strangers. I prefer it my way :D

Handy hint: in all things have as your default position the assumption that all others are rude, pea-brained, ignorant, halfwits until proven otherwise. That way, each friendly acknowledgement will come as a pleasant surprise, and you'll hardly notice others' discourtesy.

That is a good way of looking at things, I just hope I can handle the discourtesy as well as you can.

Seriously though, I have never ever not acknowledged anyone in my entire life, I am very polite to others.

That's a depressing attitude in dealing with strangers. I prefer it my way :D

I prefer 'realistic'. It also has the advantage over your preferred method of being less likely to incur an incidence of squealing breaks, slamming doors, and purple-faced road rage.

I prefer 'realistic'. It also has the advantage over your preferred method of being less likely to incur an incidence of squealing breaks, slamming doors, and purple-faced road rage.

I suppose there's always a first time...

spot on mate, if there is one thing that winds me up it is people driving using there mobile phones. Ive started beeping at them as i pass to make them jump or just to annoy em

Yesterday I nearly got hit on a bend in a narrow windy street (full of parked cars blocking it) by a young woman on her phone, driving at speed. She had to mount the kerb in order to stop in time. She had the nerve to mouth off at me when I pointed at her phone.

Archived