Rights to know if alleged sex offender moves on same street?

What are the rights of parents, when an alleged sex offender has been moved onto your street? No criminal charges have been brought as far as I'm aware, but enough information to be worried :(.

Should they have been made aware? Or live in ignorance that this person mixing with their kids out playing? :help:

If parents are that worried then they should keep their kids indoors, wrap them in cotton wool under lock and key. At least that way they would be perfectly safe from strangers and it also has the added advantage of them not annoying others by making a noise outside. :wink:

There are some weird people about but it seems that its mainly parents.

If parents are that worried then they should keep their kids indoors, wrap them in cotton wool under lock and key. At least that way they would be perfectly safe from strangers and it also has the added advantage of them not annoying others by making a noise outside. :wink:

There are some weird people about but it seems that its mainly parents.

Your reply has more than un nerved me.....

I've got an alleged sex offender lives near me. The key point is ALLEGED, doesn't mean he's done anything.

More importantly being a sex offender doesn't mean kids are at risk.

Maybe I should have used alleged pedophile instead of sex offender, the allegations are against children.

if you are concerned you have a right to ask the police under saras law and they will tell you if a claim has been made or not, but you are not then allowed to tell your neighbours

Sarah's law quite rightly only applies to those on the sex offender's register. If someone is only an alleged offender they haven't been convicted of any crime and won't be on the register.

There isn't a way of finding out if someone merely has accusations against them.

Sarah's law quite rightly only applies to those on the sex offender's register. If someone is only an alleged offender they haven't been convicted of any crime and won't be on the register.

There isn't a way of finding out if someone merely has accusations against them.

Ok thanks, looks like being vigilant is all they can do then.

Even if it's a minor ? X

not sure i only know becaused iv just used saras law to check on some one that was an alleged pedophile.

turns out he isnt but it puts my mind at rest, ring 2202020 and tell them you want to speak to someone about saras law

Archived