Rights to know if alleged sex offender moves on same street?

Sarah's law quite rightly only applies to those on the sex offender's register. If someone is only an alleged offender they haven't been convicted of any crime and won't be on the register.

There isn't a way of finding out if someone merely has accusations against them.

i was told the person i had asked about did not even have any accusations

Maybe I should have used alleged pedophile instead of sex offender, the allegations are against children.

Perhaps so - but no crime has been proven. I've not defending anyone's alleged activities and perhaps it is better to err on the side of caution on these issues. But then again it could just be nasty unproven accusations.

Not being pedantic but to correct people it's PAEDOPHILE - it's no wonder people aren't registered as pedophiles.

Perhaps a call to the bobbies may be in order.

Perhaps so - but no crime has been proven. I've not defending anyone's alleged activities and perhaps it is better to err on the side of caution on these issues. But then again it could just be nasty unproven accusations.

Not being pedantic but to correct people it's PAEDOPHILE - it's no wonder people aren't registered as pedophiles.

Perhaps a call to the bobbies may be in order.

Apologies for misspell, my I phone didn't recognise word !

i was told the person i had asked about did not even have any accusations

Probably to prevent anyone spreading completely unfounded rumours about an innocent person. If there had been any accusations, they wouldn't have told you.

Archived