Why do people have sex in poverty-stricken areas like Africa? ?

Why do they do it when the consequences are brutal and murderous ?

-------------

Babies abandoned in desert in African flight from drought

One of them said how she left her sick child on the road because he was too weak to make the journey to Kenya.

Burdened by other small children, she left him in the desert.

"His eyes still haunt me to this day," she told us.

Rukiyo Maalim Noor too has been travelling for the past 20 days. She has a one-month-old baby.

"We just took off. We could not stay because of the drought. There was no food, nothing to give to the children,'' she said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14084670

The same thing happened in Ethiopia in the 80s... seems certain people never learn...

It's not 'why' that's puzzling me, but 'how'. No way could I perform without pie and chips and a couple of pints beforehand.

How the heck does someone starving and thirsty get motivated?:confused:

And in a country where many children die young, the best way to do so is to have as many children as possible in the hope a few survive.

Yes, but do they need to continue in the same manner when they reach the UK? Their kids ain't gonna die of malnutrition here.

Okay they have sex, but what about contraception? Are they offered this when they go to the refugee camps and if so why is it not working.

If I was starving and had watched my child or children die of starvation the last thing I would want to do is bring another child into the world to suffer the same fate.

why do people do what has been ingrained in us by millions of years of evolution - the actual reason for our existence. It is to pass on their genes. And in a country where many children die young, the best way to do so is to have as many children as possible in the hope a few survive.

I agree with you.

Archived