Why do people have sex in poverty-stricken areas like Africa? ?

I understand what you are saying, but my point is that as a mother myself I just can't imagine losing child after child to starvation and drought and then still carry on having them, it must be heartbreaking.

I have to agree, but I don't think alot of the woman, have a say in the matter, they are forced to have sex most of the time, and after watching, programs about child rape in Africa, no wonder babies are being born into such poverty.

These woman who chosse to leave their children must be immune to have to do what they do.

1 sex is fun and 2 the more babies you have the more people there is to support you in old age. its no different to the say 500 years ago.

I guess that's the main answer, together with poor education and often an irresponsible approach to contraception and the means of accessing it.

Ironically the demands of the ageing population will mean the reasons for having large families will once again return to the UK.

If I was starving and had watched my child or children die of starvation the last thing I would want to do is bring another child into the world to suffer the same fate.

Absolutely.

Why do the men and women continue to bring life into an area where they'll die within days, weeks, or months ?

It just doesn't make sense.

Absolutely.

Why do the men and women continue to bring life into an area where they'll die within days, weeks, or months ?

A child is seen as a blessing not a burden.

The higher the level of education/quality of life the less children people have.

Why don't rich people have more kids?

The higher the level of education/quality of life the less children people have.

Why don't rich people have more kids?

Thats why they stay rich, they don't have what is beyond thier means.

It is blessing to have children, in normal relationships, but often these woman are not getting pregnant and giving birth in normal lives, this has gone on for hundreds of years, and will continue the same, unless they stop having babies !!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely.

So let me get this straight: you're stuck in a desert-like landscape; there's barely enough food and water for you and your partner, yet despite this, you decide to have a child (or children) in that very poverty-stricken area.

Is the above a normal course of action ?

So let me get this straight: you're stuck in a desert-like landscape; there's barely enough food and water for you and your partner, yet despite this, you decide to have a child (or children) in that very poverty-stricken area.

Is the above a normal course of action ?

Of course it is, without any help from the government whatsoever, your children will make the difference between life and death. When it is likely that some of your children will die, you'll need a big family.

Of course it is, without any help from the government whatsoever, your children will make the difference between life and death. When it is likely that some of your children will die, you'll need a big family.

How can having children. make a difference of life or death ??????????? you mean by having as many children as you can, by so many that die you will have a family still to look after you ?????????? I have never had my three children to make sure they look after me, i had them out of love, and i'm still looking after them now !!!!!!!! even at 30 years of age, without the help of our goverment because thats what you do, :mad:

Archived