Taking children to workplace

my partners ex wife is working voluntary cause shes seeing her boss,but instead of working around the times of her 11 year old son, after school holidays etc shes making him go to her works from 4 pm till 7 pm then all weekend hes sat in the back of the shop is there a law against what shes doing and is there any1 we could contact to stop it as she dosnt have to do this but putting her boss/boyfriend before the interest of her son :mad:

she wont have any contact with my partner also he works full time so its not possible but by us comunicating with the family we are told she could just work the hours while hes at school and dosnt need to work at weekends as she isnt getting paid for it, we are trying to get it sorted as we are worried for the boy, hes not having a proper life being sat in back of a shop and not playing with his friends

Can you not have him?

What sort of work does she do and is it honestly causing him any real distress.

He may actually learn something whilst he is there.

Sounds to me your problem lies with the mother rather than the actual situation.

So you can't have him because your partner works full-time but you expect her to work and look after him at the same time? - Is it me or are you being a little unreasonable here? She is probably doing her best and trying to move on with her life. That sounds like a good idea to me!

she wont have any contact with my partner also he works full time so its not possible but by us comunicating with the family we are told she could just work the hours while hes at school and dosnt need to work at weekends as she isnt getting paid for it, we are trying to get it sorted as we are worried for the boy, hes not having a proper life being sat in back of a shop and not playing with his friends

If you are that concerned then your partner would surely try and get some contact sorted.

How are you trying to get it sorted?

dont think the point is getting across here its the saftey of the boy we are concerned with hes 11 she has him sat there for hours she dosnt need to work and shes just being there cause the boss is her boyfriend, she does not approve of me looking after him as his father works full time earning money to pay for his sons upkeep, the mother is stubborn refusing contact if she was working full time and it was all legal then he would be getting childcare but its cause shes claiming benefits and cannot get this childcare, but thats up to them like i said i were asking for if any1 knew of a number i could ring to stop it

I think to be fair hon you should stay out of it and leave it to the childs parents, if his dad was that concerned he would go and do something, he has rights as the childs father. It really is down to him and the boys mum to sort out.

dont think the point is getting across here its the saftey of the boy we are concerned with hes 11 she has him sat there for hours she dosnt need to work and shes just being there cause the boss is her boyfriend, she does not approve of me looking after him as his father works full time earning money to pay for his sons upkeep, the mother is stubborn refusing contact if she was working full time and it was all legal then he would be getting childcare but its cause shes claiming benefits and cannot get this childcare, but thats up to them like i said i were asking for if any1 knew of a number i could ring to stop it

what is not safe?

I bet at the worst he will be is bored. The mother is not breaking any laws.

Archived