How to make a complaint against solicitors.

hi all, i need some urgent advice please if you can help, i want to make a coomplaint against my family law solicitor, she failed to keep me updated and so i have missed a vital meeting, now iam being branded as no show and it looks bad for me, however how the hell can i attend a meeting that i know nothing about! iam so upset right now, i want to complain then sack the said solicitor and get a new solicitor, preferably one that knows what he/she is doing!

does anyone know where i complain to, i have looked on <removed> site but no complain option, if anyone knows please i need the address where i send the letter to and the person iam to address it to,

thanks in advance xx

Firstly raise a complaint directly to the firms managing partner or complaints partner - the details should be in the very first letter you received from them.

After that you can contact the Legal Ombudsman as the poster above says.

Good tip is to make sure you back up everything in writing and make a note of any telephone coversations you have (including the dates). You never know when you might need to refer back to it when you are trying to resolve a complaint against them.

Ring the solicitors and ask to speak to your solicitors boss.

Just explain the situation and express your concerns. Be calm and present the facts. Do not get personal as this might act against you. can the meeting be rearranged?

Also make sure that the other persons solicitor is made aware that is wasn't your error.

Its maybe not a good idea to change your solicitor midway through a procedings.

most solicitors think they above they clients

No they don't and i know plenty of them.

Fa- id agree with most of the posts here, ring up and ask to speak to the supervisor at the lew firm and explain whats happened. If they don't give you a satisfactory answer then go find another solicitor and get them to explain to the court why you didn't show.

Finally if you feel that aggrieved then take the matter to the ombudsmen- they will help you.

most solicitors think they above they clients, so always tell them if you're not happy with they services, otherwise they will walk all over you!

Oh do they.. Any proof that "most" solicitors are above their client and walk all over people?

Another generalisation by someone who obviously has a grudge against the legal profession. Did they tell you something you didn't agree with perhaps?

Archived