Idea for the homeless?

Just an idea to consider, feel free to bring me down if I've missed anything obvious lol.

I have many times wondered around town trying to find something. Either the closest place to get a cold drink in summer, closest place to get a Mag when I'm in a rush, finding the closest bus stop in a part of town I might not know that well, you get the idea.

With all due respect I'm going to stick my neck out and say that many homeless in town have a bit of spare time.

Would it be feasible for them to basically learn town, every bus stop, latest offers, where banks are etc etc and to become self employed info points?

So as to avoid making this a business they would not be able to charge, but if they carried a little donation bucket I know I would throw some change in.

Yes it may be 50p here, 50p there, but I remember once I spent 20 mins walking around town looking for WH Smiths for a mag (yes I was having an off day and couldn't remember) and would have paid a couple of quid for someone to just tell me and put me out my misery.

They get something to do, maybe even take a little pride in helping, getting some money and being approached instead of avoided.

Yes they could lie if they didn't know to ensure they got the money, but with most business you lie once or twice and people never come back.

Thoughts?

Why the homeless? most people in Sheffield know where things are especially WH Smith it's on the main High Street, you just need to ask a passer by and we have City Ambassadors who are supposed to do just that:D:D

Archived