Living down old nicknames.

I have rather "sticky out" ears. Because of this I "affectionately" :mad: earned the nickname of "Wingnut" from my first year in secondary school.

I went through school and never lost the name. I absolutely hated it but would never let on.

I lost the nickname several years after leaving school and have not been called it for many years. Then , unexpectedly, last week I heard this voice in the street shout...."If it isn't old Wingnut".......I cringed!

It turned out to be an old school chum who I had not seen for years. I did not know whether to shake his hand or hit him!

Will I ever fully live the nickname down?:rant::roll:

Did you have a nickname at school and did you like it and did it "fade away"

I, for good reason was known as 'The Todger' when I was at school. This was very embarrassing, especially when girls were around.

I very cleverly took measures to prevent this name calling with a pair of garden shears.

Ha ha! ... no one called me 'The Todger' anymore!

They just started calling me 'No Todger' :mad::(:cry::cry:

I used to get called Radio Allen cos I wore 2 hearing aids back in the early 80s! :rant:

And then I got called big nose! Cos I inherited Dad's big schnozz! I won't even go into all the other stuff I got called at School, most of which isn't fit for posting on a family friendly forum.

Archived