Returning faulty laptop to pc world.MY RIGHTS?

True, if the shop agrees- and we don't yet know that.

Be firm but polite,it makes a big difference.Insist on a refund if thet's what you want.A laptop that breaks down after 21 days

is not fit for purpose,unless you dropped it downstairs.

Still, it will assist if he can cite the statutory authority for his post. There must be one!

That sounds more like company policy and not any actual law. Under the law the manufacturer is not responsible for the problems, PCWorld is as it was purchased from them.

Any item that shows a fault within 6 months is deemed to have an inherited fault and a refund can be asked for. Being an electronic item PCWord have the right to check the laptop out but if a fault is found not down to misuse then the above applies and a repair does not have to be accepted.

PCWorld have a bad reputation on replacing faulty items and will try and push people into having the item repaired so stick to your guns and demand a refund.

That sounds more like company policy and not any actual law. Under the law the manufacturer is not responsible for the problems, PCWorld is as it was purchased from them.

Any item that shows a fault within 6 months is deemed to have an inherited fault and a refund can be asked for. Being an electronic item PCWord have the right to check the laptop out but if a fault is found not down to misuse then the above applies and a repair does not have to be accepted.

PCWorld have a bad reputation on replacing faulty items and will try and push people into having the item repaired so stick to your guns and demand a refund.

seconded! all of that group have a bad rep. I stuck to my guns and eventually had to get my dad to ring them to get a replacement (I was 23):hihi: He has had to do it for my step sister as well!

Archived