How do I use Smiley faces.

What are smilies?

Smilies are icons that can be used in your posts to express emotions or feelings. You might wish to use these to show that you are happy, sad, joking, or embarrassed. For example, if you are telling a joke or being sarcastic you may wish to add a wink instead of writing 'this is a joke'.

The basic smilies are the same as what you would find on any instant messenger system. They are made up of a combination of characters which often show the basis of the resulting image. For example, :) is converted to a smiley face and :( to a sad face or frown. Tilt your head to the left to see this in action as these consist of two eyes and a mouth either smiling or frowning.

How do I add smilies?

Some smilies can be accessed from the 'New Post' or 'New Thread' pages if your administrator has enabled this function. Clicking them will automatically insert them into your message. You can also type the character combinations for the smilies directly. A full list of the smilies and their character combinations used on this forum can be found here.

On occasions, you may want to prevent the text in your message being converted into smilies. You will see a checkbox which you can select when you make a new post, which will allow you to 'Disable Smilies'.

If you can’t see them it looks like you are going to have to get in touch with the help desk.

The smiley images should be fine in chrome, you might have cached a script/blank images while the forum was under dev

(sounds unlikely, but I cant see why you cant see it and I can in chrome)

Either that, or that 500 odd posts ago, these images were in a different location, and you have the scripts cached pointing to the old location

Here is what I see when I CLICK THE ADVANCE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM:

http://i.imgur.com/JVkqe.png

I've GREEN Ringed the smileys when using chrome Browser

So try clearing you cache, on chrome. To clear the cache, you have to click the blue wrench at the top-right, and select "Clear browsing data".

<< Keep in mind if you have saved passwords that you cant remember dont do this

[You can also test this theory, by just trying another browser for now: Internet Exploder or FireFox]

Maybe, but after 574 posts i'd expect rainbow to have used the "go advanced" button once or twice by now. :huh:

Oh my goodness I can't see a box or anything on my screen that indicates smiley faces, now I know I'm getting on a bit but I don't think I'm senile, but then again how would I know!

I think they're playing an Emperor's new clothes game with us, I can't see any box either and never have done! :(:confused:

Archived