Yay! Immigration Charity closes down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14105065

Good to see that the cuts to legal aid are having immediate effect. Anything that puts scumbag lawyers out of work can only be a good thing IMO, especially immgration lawyers who line their pockets while at the same time stabbing WWC Brits in the back.

I wish I had taken up legal practice-I didnt realise the perks were so attractive.

unfortunately cuts to legal aid will not just affect these foreign types coming over, or the "scumbag" lawyers. It will affect a lot of people who are genuine and honest, as a lot of assylum seekers are. Will you be celebrating everyones misfortune or is it only the legal aid to assylum seekers you disagree with? The lawyers I know are hard working and honest people. They have the same problem police do, a few rotten ones are all that are remembered while the rest go about their business in a professional way.

You cant reason with a closed mind;you are right but saidly any appeal to rationality or reasoning is wasted.

You cant reason with a closed mind;you are right but saidly any appeal to rationality or reasoning is wasted.

I realise this, but I typed before I thought about it. It is a waste of time really as the OPs use of colour in the argument shows their motives. Not much point people arguing against them really as you rightly point out, they are closed off to reason.

For those qualifying/entitled to Legal Aid, budget cuts are starting to restrain access to the legal system across the board.

Besides immigration law, Legal Aid covers (covered?) a lot more practice areas.

So, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing... I guess those "WWC Brits" in need of it (there are a few 10s of 000s of them), for e.g. family law, property law, employment law, etc. matters, but who now won't get it because of these budget cuts, could inform the debate a bit more :twisted:

Restraining access to the legal system = less case load for legal practionners. Logic enough so far, but then...

all legal practionners are scumbags, and

all scumbags deserve to be unemployed

...and here we start off with the immigration tangent/thread colouring.

Or was that the real purpose of the thread and the legal aid angle is just a fancy, useful intro, one wonders? The "WWC Brits" bit suggests so.

You're annointing the OP with a degree of intelligence with which to apply reasoning to your argument...but I suspect you already know that :hihi:

Or was that the real purpose of the thread and the legal aid angle is just a fancy, useful intro, one wonders? The "WWC Brits" bit suggests so.

On first reading I thought they'd inadvertently added an extra "W".

I wish I had taken up legal practice-I didnt realise the perks were so attractive.

If you ever worked in legal aid you would realise there are little "perks"

Most legal aid lawyers are the lowest paid of the whole sector. The salaries being less than half what others receive. Their charging rate and amount of work they can do is stictly capped with any excess work being written off.

When it comes to billing everything has to be assessed and checked by the LSC and whole hours worth of work can be written off at the stroke of a pen by a cost judge. Something the private law firms dont have to suffer with.

Bonuses are few and far between because fees delivered from legal aid teams are so low. Lawyers who do get a bonus are generally the ones who are there working into the night every night.

Legal aid is not all about immigration. It covers housing, debt, benefits, civil liberties, police complaints, family law, criminal law and employment. All you morons who are screaming for more cuts and less "scumbag" lawyers....... what you gonna do if you need help? Do you have money in the bank avaliable to pay £140.00 - £250.00 per hour for advice? Do you all have legal expenses insurance in place ready? Good luck to you.

If you ever worked in legal aid you would realise there are little "perks"

Most legal aid lawyers are the lowest paid of the whole sector. The salaries being less than half what others receive. Their charging rate and amount of work they can do is stictly capped with any excess work being written off.

When it comes to billing everything has to be assessed and checked by the LSC and whole hours worth of work can be written off at the stroke of a pen by a cost judge. Something the private law firms dont have to suffer with.

Bonuses are few and far between because fees delivered from legal aid teams are so low. Lawyers who do get a bonus are generally the ones who are there working into the night every night.

Legal aid is not all about immigration. It covers housing, debt, benefits, civil liberties, police complaints, family law, criminal law and employment. All you morons who are screaming for more cuts and less "scumbag" lawyers....... what you gonna do if you need help? Do you have money in the bank avaliable to pay £140.00 - £250.00 per hour for advice? Do you all have legal expenses insurance in place ready? Good luck to you.

*stands and applauds*

Archived