Yay! Immigration Charity closes down.

But we are not talking about paedo gangs as such but the racial element involved, I would have thought anyone with half a brain could have worked that one out because of the topic of the thread.

In this case there was a racial element and that is why this matter was ignored for so long.

Those that are obsessed with race tend to be too frightened to cause offence and so allowed these children to suffer.

It was clearly has a race issue to it and that is why it was ignored for so long. Do you not follow the news are do you make it up as you go along?

Which children?

The people most usually obsessed with race are the racists.

And what do you call a person who poops their pants about the mention of another person's race?

That isn't quite what you said, you were suggesting that there was a racial aspect to the crime-not it's investigation.

Indeed but the racial element also hampered the investigation.

Looks like it got a bit rowdy in here :huh:

I will assume that because the Governments reforms include the removal of immigration from the scope of legal aid that no EU legislation exists to force them to give free legal representation to immigrants, which in my opinion is a good decision.
Incorrectly assumed.

The Gvt reforms do not "remove immigration from the scope of legal aid", they are concerned with budget cutting. The Legal Aid system as a whole takes the hit, not just the "immigration" bit of it. The IAS is a simple cashflow victim, like so many other quangos/cut departments, and is only high-visibility because it dealt with a politically-sensitive topic.

I mentioned the 2008 Directive as an example of specific EU legislation making the availability of Legal Aid (and its equivalent in other EU Member States) mandatory for asylum seekers/illegal immigrants, in many EU Member States countries which do not have as long a corresponding 'tradition' (of providing legal aid-like support for immigration questions) as the UK and e.g. France. But there is ample EU legislation pre-dating the 2008 Directive, to which the UK is subjected, and which directly impacts/underpins/sets up/reinforces the provision of Legal Aid to non-UK nationals. For immigration matters or others. See for instance the Amsterdam Treaty.

Practically, EU legislation is but one facet of the entire body of legislation (national + european + international) relevant to and applying to the UK jurisdiction, on the basis of which the UK is obliged (within limits) to EU and non-EU immigrants, including asylum seekers.

I'm still no clearer as to why you assumed what you did from Tess' post, btw ;)

And what do you call a person who poops their pants about the mention of another person's race?
That again is usually the xenophobes.

Indeed but the racial element also hampered the investigation.

So how are these cases coming to trial if that were true?

Archived