Yay! Immigration Charity closes down.

If you ever worked in legal aid you would realise there are little "perks"

Most legal aid lawyers are the lowest paid of the whole sector. The salaries being less than half what others receive. Their charging rate and amount of work they can do is stictly capped with any excess work being written off.

When it comes to billing everything has to be assessed and checked by the LSC and whole hours worth of work can be written off at the stroke of a pen by a cost judge. Something the private law firms dont have to suffer with.

Bonuses are few and far between because fees delivered from legal aid teams are so low. Lawyers who do get a bonus are generally the ones who are there working into the night every night.

Legal aid is not all about immigration. It covers housing, debt, benefits, civil liberties, police complaints, family law, criminal law and employment. All you morons who are screaming for more cuts and less "scumbag" lawyers....... what you gonna do if you need help? Do you have money in the bank avaliable to pay £140.00 - £250.00 per hour for advice? Do you all have legal expenses insurance in place ready? Good luck to you.

well said that person

If you ever worked in legal aid you would realise there are little "perks"
I believe gnvqsos was being sarcastic ;)

As for the rest of your post, spot-on of course...

Something the private law firms dont have to suffer with.
...but you might be surprised at times (the "plus side" -so to say- of Legal Aid is that the client never goes bust ;))

I believe gnvqsos was being sarcastic ;)

As for the rest of your post, spot-on of course......but you might be surprised at times (the "plus side" -so to say- of Legal Aid is that the client never goes bust ;))

The sarcasm was directed to the stabbing reference.Not all posts need be read at face value,and a con cealed meaning can be more effective.

The sarcasm was directed to the stabbing reference.Not all posts need be read at face value,and a concealed meaning can be more effective.
That's how I took it, but I fear it may be wasted on a lot of readers.

Oh well...lunchtime is over, back a'stabbin I goes :D

It won't have any effect TBH, there are plenty of suspect reps already out there and new ones sprout up all the time. They know the UKBA can't keep up because they are underfunded and understaffed. The same goes for any immigration system, you can bring forth all the legislation you can think of but it won't be long before the new system gets abused and exploited for exactly the same reasons as mentioned. There are people out there who have the time and the manpower to exhaustively test a system. Once a path is clear it is then exploited thanks to the Internet and other forms of association.

Oh and BTW, the IAS is not a charity is what you may consider the normal sense. They are a charity in much the same way as many commercial businesses are.

Oh and BTW, the IAS is not a charity is what you may consider the normal sense. They are a charity in much the same way as many commercial businesses are.

I dont understand what point you are trying to make.

ALL charities are run like a commerical business. They have to otherwise they wouldn't last 5 minutes. Some even make a small profit but its how they handle the money that makes a difference. Every penny will go back into the business not to an owner or collection of shareholders.

The bigger the charity the more staff they have to employ including some of those evil management staff and executives to look after it. If you've got a national charity with a multi million pound turnover, several premises and thousands of staff to deal with... you dont expect retirees Barbara and Dedrie to pop in two days a week and look after it all do you???

Legal aid is not all about immigration. It covers housing, debt, benefits, civil liberties, police complaints, family law, criminal law and employment. All you morons who are screaming for more cuts and less "scumbag" lawyers....... what you gonna do if you need help? Do you have money in the bank avaliable to pay £140.00 - £250.00 per hour for advice? Do you all have legal expenses insurance in place ready? Good luck to you.

my bold

thats the trouble if it doesnt directly affect them or they dont need the service then its scummy and should be done away with (protesting, human rights act, homeless to name 3 that consistantly get classed in the scum category on here regularly)

one day maybe youll be in dire need of one of these "services" and it might not be there for you in your hour of need.

its called thinking outside the box........not just viewing the world from the comfort of your own little narrow bit of the world

I dont understand what point you are trying to make.

ALL charities are run like a commerical business. They have to otherwise they wouldn't last 5 minutes. Some even make a small profit but its how they handle the money that makes a difference. Every penny will go back into the business not to an owner or collection of shareholders.

The bigger the charity the more staff they have to employ including some of those evil management staff and executives to look after it. If you've got a national charity with a multi million pound turnover, several premises and thousands of staff to deal with... you dont expect retirees Barbara and Dedrie to pop in two days a week and look after it all do you???

I think the op tried to make it look as though migrants get free charitable help.

Archived