Whats happening with the Nelson? Heard Rumours its closing down

terryh

Heard Casbah has no electric, make your own assumptions! Nelson being emptied today but sold and probably will reopen as something.

Are you sure it's sold? I was talking figures for the place with him on Friday and it didn't seem sold then.

I got a text yesterday from a friend of mine who used to post on here, she was quite upset about the Nelson closing. I personally don't care, last time I went, the Bouncers wouldn't let me in, because I'm disabled my walking's not great anyway, but this particular night, all I'd had was a Pint in the Sportsman, and the flippin' Bouncer thought I was drunk as he said he'd been watching me walking down Cambridge St, I was NOT drunk!

I got a text yesterday from a friend of mine who used to post on here, she was quite upset about the Nelson closing. I personally don't care, last time I went, the Bouncers wouldn't let me in, because I'm disabled my walking's not great anyway, but this particular night, all I'd had was a Pint in the Sportsman, and the flippin' Bouncer thought I was drunk as he said he'd been watching me walking down Cambridge St, I was NOT drunk!

Not really the fault of The Nelson was it? I'm guessing the owner and the staff didn't even know about it.

Are you sure it's sold? I was talking figures for the place with him on Friday and it didn't seem sold then.

A friend has today collected all the bottle fridges and stock. They mentioned the owner has paid off all the bills etc and he didn't want to run it any longer, though has spoken to prospective buyers.

Archived