Whats happening with the Nelson? Heard Rumours its closing down

terryh

Whats going on?

Anyone know if this is true and why??

A good source tells me the whole area has finally been CPO'D. The council and the developer are playin hard ball and takin no prisoners.The Nelson will be the first of many this year..

A good source tells me the whole area has finally been CPO'D. The council and the developer are playin hard ball and takin no prisoners.The Nelson will be the first of many this year..

That has been done as the council were running out of time to issue the CPO - the development isnt going to start till 2013....

Well I never knew this: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/​showthread.php?t=214913

23 Furnival Gate - Use - Residential

- Retail at ground level -Floors - 19 - Height - 65m (213ft)

- This recently proposed tower in a prominent position is awaiting a decision on its future.

- The current building, 'Nelson House', is home to the Nelson Pub, another popular drinking establishment to fall victim to new projects

Well I never knew this: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/​showthread.php?t=214913

23 Furnival Gate - Use - Residential

- Retail at ground level -Floors - 19 - Height - 65m (213ft)

- This recently proposed tower in a prominent position is awaiting a decision on its future.

- The current building, 'Nelson House', is home to the Nelson Pub, another popular drinking establishment to fall victim to new projects

That skyscrapercity thread was started back in 2006. I'm pretty sure that development won't be happening.

There have been more rumours about that area over the years remember one where they were going to open a massive nighclub on the Currys site.

To be honest suprises me as its a pretty dire part of town.

Its really annoying all my favourite pubs are gonna be gone in a couple of years, someone needs to open some new rock pubs would do it myself but do not know the first thing about running a pub! Did think about buying Nelson but wasn't sure if it was due to be CPO'D or not so wasn't gonna take the chance.

Its really annoying all my favourite pubs are gonna be gone in a couple of years, someone needs to open some new rock pubs would do it myself but do not know the first thing about running a pub! Did think about buying Nelson but wasn't sure if it was due to be CPO'D or not so wasn't gonna take the chance.

Buy one and get me to run it....and you DO know who I am :hihi:

Archived