Whats happening with the Nelson? Heard Rumours its closing down

terryh

Buy one and get me to run it....and you DO know who I am :hihi:

I am sure I Do :hihi:

Well me & OH been on about opening a nightclub/bar for years what put us off Nelson is that he had dropped the price so dramatically in the end thought there must be a catch (CPO) sprang to mind so left it alone, we were very tempted mate wanted to put to as well.

I am sure I Do :hihi:

Well me & OH been on about opening a nightclub/bar for years what put us off Nelson is that he had dropped the price so dramatically in the end thought there must be a catch (CPO) sprang to mind so left it alone, we were very tempted mate wanted to put to as well.

I was speaking to the owner a few weeks ago and he told me that there was 4 years left on the lease.

As part of the CPO, sevenstone are building 6 new bars, so these would have been offered to the owners/managers of the pubs that had been demolished.

I was speaking to the owner a few weeks ago and he told me that there was 4 years left on the lease.

As part of the CPO, sevenstone are building 6 new bars, so these would have been offered to the owners/managers of the pubs that had been demolished.

That may be so but can you honestly see the council really offering brand new shiny show pubs to anyone wanting to do Rock nights I seriously doubt it, they will want it all posh and upmarket I would have thought:roll:

Not that I am saying anyone into Rock isn't posh but it isn't seen as respectable by the establishment is it and I cant see councillors going oh yes lets hand out our brand new pubs to the Rockers!

That may be so but can you honestly see the council really offering brand new shiny show pubs to anyone wanting to do Rock nights I seriously doubt it, they will want it all posh and upmarket I would have thought:roll:

Not that I am saying anyone into Rock isn't posh but it isn't seen as respectable by the establishment is it and I cant see councillors going oh yes lets hand out our brand new pubs to the Rockers!

Rock is about as corporate as it gets...

not compared to the general public mostly its all pop, dance and winebars etc

Considering the multi million pound industry behind it and the conservative (with a small 'c') nature of Rock - it always does a brilliant job of presenting itself as rebellious.

I've always been a big fan of many sorts of rock -especially late 60s/early 70s stuff - but not sure how wearing a £25 black tour tshirt from an arena gig whilst listening to some middle aged rockers is socking it to THE MAN. I can remember going to see AC/DC about ten years gig at the Arena and never seen as many mondeo men together in one place!

(the DC did rock though)

Archived