The Worst Pint In The City Centre....

SWFC00

Hmm, worst pints....

Okay, Bar Hoi (only been in once a long time ago) as they didn't/don't sell bitter only lager :gag: and cider, which i had do make to with :rant:

Varsity with their smoothflow bitters (bleurgh), again, along time ago.

Bankers and JD (plus The Swim) always did a nice bitter i thought, though you could tell the difference of the bitters from one bar to the next.

Oh and The Devonshire Cat's own brew tastes like i'd imagine cat pee to taste :hihi:

Brown Bear - the only Sam Smith's pub in the city centre and it tastes like they never clean the pipes out. The pub's general cleanliness doesn't help either. I do wish they'd do it up and sort the beer out.

Dove and Rainbow is similar - I had an awful pint of something hand-pulled a while back and it put me off the place.

Don't agree at all about the Wetherspoon's pubs or the Dev Cat's own bitter (which is excellent). Leadmill - never had any problems there either (apart from getting served).

If you're on about lager then I can't say I've ever had an 'off' pint of lager. Unlike real ale, it has no 'live' yeast in it so, unless the hygiene is really really bad, it should usually taste like it's supposed to (as it's sterile and thus less prone to going off). For this reason, lager or Guinness or bottles are the fallback options for me if the real ale tastes dodgy or they don't have any.

So much utter balderdash is talked about draught Guinness and this nonsense of faffing about for 5 minutes at the bar is a real chore and it gets on my bloody nerves. It's only started happening since the TV adverts featured it.

The only issue about letting it settle is making sure you get a full measure (rather than a two-inch head). This doesn't take 5 minutes and bar staff who know what they are doing can do it more efficiently than that.

Archived