HSBC security aaarghhhh

So everytime I want to transfer money to someone or just check my balance I should drive into town? :roll:

you could go on the bus :)

the hsbc has several branches dotted around the city, so you might not have to go into town.

if people started using branches more then they might reopen some of the ones which they closed

you could go on the bus :)

the hsbc has several branches dotted around the city, so you might not have to go into town.

if people started using branches more then they might reopen some of the ones which they closed

I only use the branches for paying in cash. Everything else I do online. I go for whatever is most convenient.

I got a letter from HSBC advising me of this secure key malarky. Apparently they are going to send it to me in the next couple of weeks. Sounds great.

Sounds much like the authenticators people use to play the World Of Warcraft game. It is a very, very secure method of logging in to an account.

Well due to this "key" I've now had to stop using on-line banking. Tried it a couple of times and it locked me out both times so think I'll now just have to make do with the branch and do my banking during my lunch hours when I'm at work.

It's a pity really, but can't be arsed with all the hassle anymore!

Have they gone mad. I was sent a secure key which generates a secure code. To generate this you need a secure pin.

They also ask three security questions which are supposed to have memorable answers such as "the name of your best friend at school" and "a pet you have had"

In order to use the secure code you have to carry a little calculator thing round with you-I assume that is temporary however because of this I haven't logged in for weeks as I have not had it with me. Thus I have now forgotten my secure pin and the answers to the "memorable" security questions as I have had many pets etc:hihi:

I can't cope with all this security, I have enough trouble remembering my secure password that the hsbc makes me use whenever I buy anything. I only want to see what is in my account:cry:

I reckon people involved in online banking fraud will now find it easier than me to get into my account:hihi:

really is it that difficult for you?? i am also with HSBC never hada aproblem with re setting etc all you have to remember is a 4 diget security no now thats not hard is it:loopy: god help us if you hold any responsibility for anything really important:hihi:

I've got mine but have yet to register it. I won't be able to do so until I get it back in a few days (at the wrong house right now). Until then, I haven't been able to view my balance online for about a week now. Slightly frustrating. They already ask me for a 12 digit log in code, and two 6 digit passwords, as if it wasn't secure enough in the first place. With the amount of money in my account i'd be willing to take the risk and not have to deal with all this rubbish.

Ermm, you don't have to activate for a month after it arrives, you just keep clicking on the link direct to my Account, at least until that month has expired. I've got 8 more days before I must activate it. The annoying thing is that previously I could connect from anywhere, anywhen, so long as I was happy the connection was secure.

Now I'll have to carry this stupid little dongle if I might want to connect.

Archived