HSBC security aaarghhhh

I joined NatWest as it was closer to where I lived from my other bank Santander.

The online security with NW was so bad, never excepting my security details, I haven't used it for about 6 months now.

Santander opened another branch about half a mile away and their online is miles easier to navigate (the young lass behind the counter is a doll too :) )

you could, of course, avoid all these issues by using a real branch

Reminds me: when telephone banking was launched, Private Eye had a cartoon showing a baddie holding a gun up to his telephone receiver and saying, "Is that First Direct? This is an armed robbery."

I reckon people involved in online banking fraud will now find it easier than me to get into my account:hihi:

No they wont. Without the secure key its impossible to log in.

Unless you give it to someone, tell them the pin to activate it and provide them with your security answers then they can't get in.

I can cope with using it if the rest of the security is less hassle. I was going to switch banks anyway and I only meant making all my banking passwords the same not all my passwords on everything.

Insane. So someone needs only to trick you into revealing one password and all your accounts are compromised.

I would put up with it if they got rid of some of the passwords but no they still have all the passwords plus some security questions, plus some software you have to download,

This isn't true - they offer a free browser addon that you can install if you wish. You do not have to install it if you choose not to.

what are you talking about, one bank one password that should be normal.

I'd hate to stir up trouble, but it is really irresponsible to rely upon one password for different bank accounts. It'll be like having lots of different safes for your money, but all of them having the same key.

I'd hate to stir up trouble, but it is really irresponsible to rely upon one password for different bank accounts. It'll be like having lots of different safes for your money, but all of them having the same key.

thats ok I wasn't planning on it but it is probably better than writing them down when you can't remember them. I have 3 cards with two banks, two login codes, two passwords, four security questions, 3 pin numbers on the cards a pin number on the reader, my number for telephone banking and two verification passwords and thats just the bank cards. As I use loads of other online accounts I have plenty more logins passwords and security questions I have to remember. They either need to be the same or I need a list somewhere.

Archived