How can I reduce my dependence on corporations?

I live in a tower block in the city. I want to boycott large corporations because I don't like them anymore.

How can ordinary people like me boycott large corporations that are currently essential to our basic needs? Banks, energy companies and the like.

I'm very poor and live in a council flat so moving to the countryside isn't an option. I also work in the city centre and I am not too keen to give up my job.

Any and all other suggestions are welcome.

"dissapear"

squat, dont work, grow your own food, dont buy things, dont sign on, dont vote / or register the electoral register, dont pay leccy etc bills

but you will get clobbered somewhere down the line, it aint easy to cut em out fully

"dissapear"

squat, dont work, grow your own food, dont buy things, dont sign on, dont vote / or register the electoral register, dont pay leccy etc bills

but you will get clobbered somewhere down the line, it aint easy to cut em out fully

I'd rather take my chances with the corperations, ta.

Well there was that guy who had his entire body covered in leopard-spot tattoos, and went and lived in a ruined bothy on Skye. I reckon he managed to avoid dependence on corporations quite successfully, but then I heard he gave all that up quite recently.

Edit. Here he is:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3265474/Tattooed-Leopard-Man-leaves-hermit-lifestyle-behind.html

Get yourself a shepherd's croft in the Outer Hebrides. Buy a few sheep, pigs, hens, grow your own food.

You can light your home using candles and hurricane lamps. eliminating the energy companies. Use a battery powered radio for the news. (If the world was coming to an end you'd probably want to know about that at least)

Get yourself a shepherd's croft in the Outer Hebrides. Buy a few sheep, pigs, hens, grow your own food.

You can light your home using candles and hurricane lamps. eliminating the energy companies. Use a battery powered radio for the news. (If the world was coming to an end you'd probably want to know about that at least)

Sounds too much like hard work. I could imagine living that existence somewhere warm like the South of France, or Spain, but... but... but the Outer Hebrides? Near Scotland? Bloody Scotland?! Bloody Freezing Cold Scotland?!?!

Sounds too much like hard work. I could imagine living that existence somewhere warm like the South of France, or Spain, but... but... but the Outer Hebrides? Near Scotland? Bloody Scotland?! Bloody Freezing Cold Scotland?!?!

That should be no problem. You barter eggs and ham for the local brew. A few drams of that every day will keep the blood circulating and you can get warm clothing made from the wool from your sheep.

You cant expect everything to be too easy when renouncing the rest of the world.

Archived