Has the world gone mad

The law states that,

You must not alter, rearrange or misrepresent the letters or numbers

Characters must not be moved from one group to the other (e.g. A242 ABC must not be displayed as A242A BC)

Offences may result in any or all of the following,

A fine of up to £1000 The registration mark may be withdrawn

The vehicle may fail the MOT test

Full details of the requirements are included in The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001.

---------

Got off lightly with a £60 fine.

If you go and ask any number plate supplier for a plate then you will get a perfectly legal plate. So, to get an illegal plate you have to decide to play with the letters and numbers to try and make them appear as something else.

The law states that,

You must not alter, rearrange or misrepresent the letters or numbers

Characters must not be moved from one group to the other (e.g. A242 ABC must not be displayed as A242A BC)

Who on earth would want the reg no A242A BC ? :huh:

i was issued with a fixed £60 fine ,, apparantly the letters on my number plate were too close together, nice to know our police are serving the community well :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

They are - thats exactly what they are paid for.

I'm guessing you deliberately requested to have the letters too close to make it distinctive and eye catching...

Seems like it did the job

That's not a very nice thing to say is it sean?

Archived