Has the world gone mad

I think the authorities should have more of a sense of humour. The British public do.

I saw a car with a private reg (in Sheffield) which was obviously making fun of private reg's and had arranged the plate to read WHO 15 1T.

Obviously much easier to read and remember! ... Puts a smile on your face too!

I saw a girl on a large customised Harley ... reg no BIG 455 (the 4 had a black mounting screw on the bottom left hand side) ... made me laugh! :D

i was issued with a fixed £60 fine ,, apparantly the letters on my number plate were too close together, nice to know our police are serving the community well :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Laws exist for a reason and if you choose to break them expect to be punished, just think of the more serious crimes that could be solved or prevented if the police didn’t have to waste their time on driving offences.

Automatic number plate recognition technology helps to keeps roads safe by traceing poorly-maintained vehicles, dangerous drivers and it can track the movements of vehicles which are stolen or are being used by criminals and vehicles with Incorrect number plates can’t be identified quickly.

I don't know if the closeness of letters confuses the cameras but I would imagine that an eye witness to an incident is more likely to remember a registration that looks like a name.

Actually that is incorrect. An eyewitness is highly likely to remember the name, and also highly likely to not know what registration plate was altered to make it look like a name.

Archived