What the heck is this ?

I came across this quite by accident.

Mirage ??? in China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwLhXmnbtTM&NR=1

Now this is either some elaborate hoax or some seriously weird stuff is going on here.

Parallel universe ?

Hologram technology ?

Anybody know anything about it please.

Just looks like mist rising from the river which makes it look as if the buildings are floating on it.

Just looks like mist rising from the river which makes it look as if the buildings are floating on it.

It does,but according to the report there is no city there usually.

I wish they had done a before and after picture.

People seem to be a bit casual about it in the video that Chinese woman might have been saying "It's always been there,it's a flooded city in the mist ,you dumb asses" for all I know.(can anyone out there translate Chinese)

When I was a little girl, my Gran's flat on Park Hill overlooked the Train Station and St Mary's Gate.

A pretty much identical mist used to rise up, in the bottom of the Sheaf/ Porter valley, and make St Mary's Church look like it was partially submerged.

Only the pinnacles around the roof, the roof itself, and the church tower were visible above the thick mist. It was a fascinating, and almost ethereal sight.

I used to be convinced, as a tot of about three or four, that the church had "fallen in the water". When I was little, I used to refer to St Mary's as "the church that falls into the water".

My gran and grandpa used to chuckle at me as I would shout them, saying, "Look! Look, the church has fallen in the water again!"

People seem to be a bit casual about it in the video that Chinese woman might have been saying "It's always been there,it's a flooded city in the mist ,you dumb asses" for all I know.(can anyone out there translate Chinese)

I think it is a simple case of it being mistranslated - I've seen similar effects loads of times.

I think the translation was "Imperialist, why have you travelled so far to film some mist, don't you have mist in the decadent west?"

(Bold) For me, that's what the good money would be on...

This was reported in the Mail Online a few weeks ago. As someone else has already pointed out, it's simply the result of mistranslation. Nothing to do with a mirage at all. The buildings are exactly where they appear to be. There's a site (can't be bothered to find it again....) that shows the same views without the mists.

I came across this quite by accident.

Mirage ??? in China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwLhXmnbtTM&NR=1

Now this is either some elaborate hoax or some seriously weird stuff is going on here.

Parallel universe ?

Hologram technology ?

Anybody know anything about it please.

Are these really the first things that occur to you?!:hihi:

The natural response for a conspiracy fan's mind is to assume the least logical explanations I'm afraid.

EDIT: It's also in their nature to believe MOST theories, you will be hard pressed to find one that says "I think 7/7 was an inside job, but have no reason to believe 9/11 was".

Archived