Cold calling by policeman

I can't believe this, but has anybody else ever had the police 'politely' asking for 'donations' for their benevolent fund? Rather intimidating if I may say so

Was it a genuine copper or what?

Has anyone ever donated? Why?

A scam. Close the door, 999.

If there is a pic of his card, email to SYP as soon as you read this.

I can't believe this, but has anybody else ever had the police 'politely' asking for 'donations' for their benevolent fund? Rather intimidating if I may say so

Whereabouts did this happen please? I'm guessing Sheffield but then I'd expect it to be in the other forum.

Definitely not the police though, 100% guarantee'd.

The police genuinely used to do this when I was a kid and there is an old Hancock's Half Hour radio episode ("The Christmas Club") that revolves around money given to a copper who calls round collecting for the Police Benevolent Fund. Such Benevolent Funds still exist.

The police genuinely used to do this when I was a kid and there is an old Hancock's Half Hour radio episode ("The Christmas Club") that revolves around money given to a copper who calls round collecting for the Police Benevolent Fund. Such Benevolent Funds still exist.

Well the police have a log in on here so lets hope they tell us

Archived