New Optio Ticket/Service

From reading a thread on another forum, it would appear that the Stagecoach 120 service will be benefitting from the introduction of around 21 vehicles from next month, as part of the new Optio scheme. However these have been diverted away from the Stagecoach 52 service which will now have to put up with the crap that is used on it at the moment. They will be Hybrid double-decker vehicles.

Source: South Yorkshire Transport Forum

Will need more than just some shiny brand new double decker buses to win the vast majority of people round. The only people who seem to be in favour of this scheme are the brain-dead people behind the scheme at SYPTE. Chances are they don't even use the buses with all their flash, shiny, fancy cars!!!

:rant::mad:

Will need more than just some shiny brand new double decker buses to win the vast majority of people round. The only people who seem to be in favour of this scheme are the brain-dead people behind the scheme at SYPTE. Chances are they don't even use the buses with all their flash, shiny, fancy cars!!!:rant::mad:

and which flash shiny fancy cars would these be? The ford Ka?

Good point Karl,

I use the 52 and the 95 plus the 123 - pity it only ran every half hour.

I expect First to up the fares when Stagecoach are gone also.

I have suggested to First that they make the 95 a RED Route like the 52 so you could use the weekly red pass @ £9.00 om both buses ( the 95 only runs to town and back now) they have noted my comments and that's as far as it went.

This new change makes me so angry. I get so heated up eachtime I read that 'Your service is changing for the better, OPTIO'. Who is it better for? Certainly not for me or for naybody that relied only on stagecoach in the past. am not happy at all having to pay the extra £9 p/w as I live on d tram line, and work in fulwood, meaning I will have to take both tram and d first 120.

Sooo angry!!!

If this means less buses chuntering up and down crimicar lane then I am all for it.

I feel for the people who are being screwed over increased fares but really - the number of buses driving up here was ridiculous (all of them mostly empty in the daytime).

If this means less buses chuntering up and down crimicar lane then I am all for it.

I feel for the people who are being screwed over increased fares but really - the number of buses driving up here was ridiculous (all of them mostly empty in the daytime).

Well they will have been empty, or with just a handful of passengers on given it is the terminus. You're not going to get a full bus in just 3 - 6 short distance bus stops along Crimicar Lane are you... :roll:

This rearrangement is a bit of a disaster. The loss of the 123 to Walkley will mean even more overcrowded buses on the 95, and I expect First will hike up the fare like they always do when they have no competition.

K.

really - according to Stagecoach they have pulled the 123 out of Walkley due to low passenger numbers and point out that part of Walkley is still served by the 52.

To me it looks like regular Stagecoach user's buying a dayrider or weekly ticket, which are cheaper that the same tickets on First buses that had to change buses in town to what was the Stagecoach 120 service serving the suburbs of Ranmoor & Fulwood have been screwed over by this new scheme.

I can't for the life of me figure out how this can be an improvement. Im right in thinking that the old 40 & 120 services have now been intigrated into one service. So why not still let the Stagecoach 120 run to Fulwood or if they insist on the Stagecoach service just doing the run up to the Hallamshire why not let each other bus companys day / weekly tickets be used on either service.

If ive got it right, basically the Stagecoach service up to Ranmoor & Fulwood has been pulled and the only people that benefit are the ones on the Halfway - Fulwood route if that was the only bus route they use as they can buy and use the new Optio ticket. Even First non Optio day / weekly ticket holders still have to wait for the First 120 or is it still the 40 ? as they can't catch the Stagecoach 120, even if they are only going up to the Hallamshire.

Infact ive just noticed that if you want to travel on the Optio route but not your start or finish point isn't the City Centre, you now have to make a bus change. Bonkers, totally bonkers this new idea.

Now something like a joint service aggrement where each others tickets can be used on either service would be an improvement.

Would it have been too simple to allow usage of a Megarider on this new service and the equivalent First ticket on ANY bus - who cares who's bus it is

. That would have been true flexibility

I agree why make things so complicated. Lets keep it simple and easy.

Archived