New Optio Ticket/Service

I agree with you (verydull)none of the people behind these schems DON'T actually use buses any way so the don't have a clue.

Actually I think you'll find that the people behind these schemes DO use the buses, as all SYPTE staff get issued with free Travelmasters as one of their Tax Payer funded perks.

Actually I think you'll find that the people behind these schemes DO use the buses, as all SYPTE staff get issued with free Travelmasters as one of their Tax Payer funded perks.

Those staff aren't the ones coming up with the schemes though, its their political paymasters.

Be warned, they (SYPTE and Sheffield Council) are about to launch another pathetic Optio scheme, this time on the 52. From information that has been posted elsewhere, the 52 will become the next Optio scheme, along with the introduction of a new half-hourly nightbus service - the N52 between Woodhouse and Hillsborough. It seems they just can't leave the buses alone and have not learned their lesson since they messed up the Manor Top services back in July!!! :rant:

To save typing out what has been posted elsewhere, I'll re-post it here:

"Service provision will essentially be the same as the Orange Optio; 4 minute service Monday - Friday, 5 minute service Saturday and 10 minute Sunday daytime service between the two operators. With tickets now being interchangeable there is no need for Stagecoach to run a early morning Sunday service - hence no service before 7am from Woodhouse and 8am from Hillsborough. First will provide a 20 minute service at these times."

And also more information posted on fares.

"A bit more detail on Optio Red for the 52.

£3 Optio Red - All day saver for use on both 52 services for the day of purchase.

£9 Optio Red - All week saver for use on both 52 service for the week of purchase.

Now here is the good news, from what I have been told/informed - Sheffield wide BUS ONLY day and weekly tickets will be valid for use on both 52 services. That means you could have a Stagecoach £3.20 DayRider and use this ticket on the First 52 service and vice-versa.

This is the last that I heard on the scheme as of yesterday at work."

Read more: http://www.forum.sy-transport.co.uk/index.cgi?board=buses&action=display&thread=16201&page=27#ixzz1a687IK4T

Very little to worry about, nothing as radical as the Orange services, although the people of Fulwood make it as though SYPTE have murdered their children with the way they go on, latest is protesting about the movement of a bus stop on High Street by less than 50 yards... Still, it is "that end" of the city though, so we should know better. :hihi:

Can anyone tell me why and whats the point in having two different companys doing the same bus?

I bought an all day rider yesterday which I could use on the tram aswell as the 120 and later that day I went to get on one of these new green 120's and he refused to let me on and said I had to wait for one of the other 120's to come because I couldnt use that ticket. If thats the case then shouldnt they go back to being 120's and 41's?

Archived