New Optio Ticket/Service

Yep. i thought they'd have to try really hard to make public transport in Sheffield any worse than it is but lo, they managed this colossal achievment.

They changed the 40s to 120s and the terrier 120's now only run as far as the hallamshire hospital rather than going the full route. This means no more cheap fares from the Hallamshire onwards as we all know that the first bus company are rip off b******s. Nice to see that they've put a special bus on though to make sure that the students all get home safely to their little villages; it matters not that my kids are getting home from school arount 20 minutes later every day and are often waiting 20-30 mins at the bus stop every morning for a bus that runs 'approximately every 10 minutes' my a**e :rant:

Can anyone tell me why and whats the point in having two different companys doing the same bus?

I bought an all day rider yesterday which I could use on the tram aswell as the 120 and later that day I went to get on one of these new green 120's and he refused to let me on and said I had to wait for one of the other 120's to come because I couldnt use that ticket. If thats the case then shouldnt they go back to being 120's and 41's?

The new green ones are stagecoach, so it seems a bit daft of the driver telling you to wait for the first 120 to use a stagecoach dayrider on.:confused:

the 120 is currently great between the station and the hallamshire, I often have to travel this route and find myself on an empty bus because I only have to get to the hallamshire, while single decker First buses pass by packed to gills with people.

Its not a good system, but works for me:) sorry!

the 120 is currently great between the station and the hallamshire, I often have to travel this route and find myself on an empty bus because I only have to get to the hallamshire, while single decker First buses pass by packed to gills with people.

Its not a good system, but works for me:) sorry!

It worked for me too as I work at the Hallamshire hospital. But now the Stagecoach 120 has decided to stop it's evening service serving the Hallamshire and join the First 120 on it's diverted route up Western Bank.:rant:

So during the day the Stagecoach 120 is serving the hospital, after 18.30 staff trying to get home from a late shift or relatives visiting their loved ones in hospital it appears it's tough luck.

if you think the 120 is bad, you should try the 95 in the morning. That route used to be serviced by 3 buses, the 95, 94 and 123. Now just one, I regularly wait 30 minutes for a bus that is supposed to arrive every 10 minutes.

The 95 was one of the best bus routes in Western Europe - now it is simply awful.

But there is no doubt I blame the tax avoiders and the Government that allow them to get away with it.

If we collected all the tax we ought to - and didn't spend billions on wars in remote places - we would be able to subsidise the cost of transport. Poor countries do it because they know the value of low cost transport.

Can I use my Stagecoach weekly Sheffield bus Megarider (10.50) on 120 bus operated by First? It's not Optio Orange, it's Stagecoach megarider . I've heard few times that I can use it on any 120 bus, both Stagecoach and First, but today I was told by First 120 driver that my ticket is not valid :suspect: I'm completly confused :confused:

Unless it's an Optio weekly you can only use it on the single service provider - bad times if you've got a Stagecoach and want to get to Fulwood. I think you can get an 'add on' for 50p but this is only for daily tickets.

I think this ticketing is under review to include your ticket for all 120s but it will not start until November. Still no acceptance of tram megariders though. Misery.

Archived