New Optio Ticket/Service

Well I'd sooner the PTE do this on their high-horse than cost us all a couple of hunder quid extra a year in our council tax for them just to run the buses as they are in London. I personally don't fancy forking out £300+ extra a year just to help subsidise the local bus network, as happens in London.

Personally I think this scheme will fail and the only people who seem to support it so far, are people who work for the PTE or the council. Gives them that extra bit of authority afterall.

Jesus christ what a set of moaning keyboard warriors.

You bitch and moan at Stagecoach and First for half the day saying it would be better to re-nationalise it all and go back to 2p and 5p journeys paid for by the tax payer.

Then for the other half of the day you bitch and moan because they try to work together to try and enable people to use other operators tickets which if you had suggested a year ago would probably have got a good response on here.

Every scheme has to start somewhere and will not suit everyone but if you dont try or you have the "I hope it fails" attitude that some of you have then nothing new will ever happen.

Not a personal rant at anyone in particular (not even the one ive quoted) but christ, if all you have to worry about is a ticket running out becuase a bus breaks down then you dont have many problems in life. At least its increasing the service at weekend and night if nothing else.

How can you honestly support a scheme that is worse off for passengers than before? No one has mentioned the profiteering in the Walkley area, which has had the Stagecoach 123 running up there for over 20 years, now thanks to SYPTE this comes to an end in less than a fortnight.

Has no one mentioned the 600+ less trips per each week in the Halfway and Fulwood areas, not to mention how the route could become unreliable now due to it been cross-city (look at the reliability at the current 120, compared to the 40 or 41).

In my personal view, and one who is directly affected by this change, passengers seem to lose, rather than gain from this scheme.

Badly implimented and badly designed. :rant:

So you are moaning about waiting an extra minute? Try living on a route that is every half hour / 45 minutes.

The buses are to be redistributed to other routes to aid with reliability there i believe so instead of a load of buses on one route chasing each other down the road increasing pollution by travelling at lower speeds

Im not often on the side of the PTE but what exactly can they do to improve reliability above working with the bus companies?

My point was mostly about a cut to less than half the current frequency between Hallamshire and Fulwood which will affect travellers on this part of the route.

Elsewhere on the route, one minute might make no difference, if its 'catch-up time' it might even make the buses more reliable. But by no stretch of the imagination is it an increase on the current, and therefore the advertising is less than honest when it implies increased frequency on this route.

How can you honestly support a scheme that is worse off for passengers than before? No one has mentioned the profiteering in the Walkley area, which has had the Stagecoach 123 running up there for over 20 years, now thanks to SYPTE this comes to an end in less than a fortnight.

Has no one mentioned the 600+ less trips per each week in the Halfway and Fulwood areas, not to mention how the route could become unreliable now due to it been cross-city (look at the reliability at the current 120, compared to the 40 or 41).

In my personal view, and one who is directly affected by this change, passengers seem to lose, rather than gain from this scheme.

Badly implimented and badly designed. :rant:

I havent said i supported it, what i put what that you all mona about how crap First and Stagecoach are and then when they work together you still moan.

Whats even better is that we have 2 pages of discussion for something that hasnt even started yet

If you want to go to Halfway during the daytime with First simply use service 49 instead. Evenings and Sundays First will still run through to Halfway on the 120.

The 49 route is useless, and very infrequent.

It will go on a big loop around the outside of Halfway (a long walk from the main bus stops in that area) and doesn't serve Crystal Peaks either.

Alternatively you may wish to consider travelling with Stagecoach instead of First if they operate in the area you travel.

They don't - that's the problem.

Well I'd sooner the PTE do this on their high-horse than cost us all a couple of hunder quid extra a year in our council tax for them just to run the buses as they are in London.

The changes SYPTE are making will cost me well over £100 extra per year.

Kieran (i assume that you have an alter ego on here as you appear to have joined today and have only posted on this thread) - What services do you currently use and how is it going to cost you more? what do you have against Stagecoach anyway?

you can pay for a normal fare with cash too, do you currently have a First only pass?

And lets establish that it is PTE PLUS First and Stagecoach (and TM Travel) that are making this deal so why not post up the address for First and Stagecoach for people to complain to. After all if First didnt want to participate then they wouldnt have to so go compain to them too.

Archived