New Optio Ticket/Service

Kieran (i assume that you have an alter ego on here as you appear to have joined today and have only posted on this thread)

No alter ego here, I signed up in order to comment on this thread.

What services do you currently use and how is it going to cost you more?

In a typical week I either use First buses between Halfway, Crystal Peaks, Aston and Rotherham, or Halfway to Sheffield and Wisewood/Loxley. I buy a monthly First South Yorkshire-wide ticket for £74.70. In future I will have to buy a monthly Travel Master which costs £86.20. That extra soon mounts up.

what do you have against Stagecoach anyway?

They don't go where I need to at the times I need to travel.

you can pay for a normal fare with cash too, do you currently have a First only pass?

Yes, I use a First only pass. Paying cash fares is even more expensive than using season tickets / saver cards.

And lets establish that it is PTE PLUS First and Stagecoach (and TM Travel) that are making this deal so why not post up the address for First and Stagecoach for people to complain to. After all if First didnt want to participate then they wouldnt have to so go compain to them too.

I have complained to all the operators involved. First were sympathetic but could offer no solution. SYPTE replied by promoting the benefits to other passengers and giving me incorrect information about the options available to me. Stagecoach have yet to reply.

I'm perfectly happy to add those other addresses.

I buy a weekly £10.50 Stagecoach bus only pass - great value. I catch the 52

from Crookes to Broomhill and then 120 to Fulwood - good service at the moment. I have asked 3 drivers if I can use this pass on the new service.

Got 3 answers 1 - no 2 - yes but you have to pay an additional fare

3 - Don't know ,read the leaflet. Read it but still baffled.

I expect I will have to pay more for a lesser service - sounds familiar.

Help

Chris

Complaints can also be made to :

Rupert Cox

Commercial Director

Stagecoach Yorkshire

Unit 4, Eldon Arcade

Barnsley

S70 2JP

Tel: 01226 202555

Bob Hamilton

Managing Director

First South Yorkshire

Midland Road

Rotherham

S61 1TF

Tel: 01709 566000

from Crookes to Broomhill and then 120 to Fulwood - good service at the moment. I have asked 3 drivers if I can use this pass on the new service.

Help

Chris

I think the correct answer is "no".

This is from the PTE's questions and answers page:

Operators offer a range of tickets which are exclusively for their own buses. These are:

First bus drivers will NOT accept Stagecoach Sheffield Dayrider or Megarider network tickets for travel on the Fulwood – Halfway Optio Orange Network.

Stagecoach bus drivers will NOT accept FirstDay or FirstWeek Sheffield or South Yorkshire network Orange tickets for travel on the Fulwood – Halfway Optio Orange Network.

TM Travel bus drivers will NOT accept FirstDay or FirstWeek Sheffield or South Yorkshire network tickets or Stagecoach Sheffield Dayrider or Megarider tickets for travel on the Fulwood – Halfway Optio Orange Network.

Only Optio Orange and TravelMaster tickets can be used on all Optio services.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/optioqanda/

Help

Chris

The ticket you currently buy is a Stagecoach Megarider and this will continue to be only valid on Stagecoach buses, which will only operate to Fulwood evenings and Sundays.

If you are going to Fulwood in the daytime you will have to travel with First and buy a ticket valid on First.

Unfortunately looks like you are one of the people losing out by the changes - I suggest you work out whether it will be cheaper to buy promotional single tickets or a First Week at £17.50

Glad to see their finish times have extended but that don't change the fact that it's gonna cost some people more money to travel between their chosen buses.I've Been working out it will cost me £5:60 extra on top of an Optio Orange ticket(£9:00)) cause I'd have to buy switches to use buses I usually use to get to cleaning job's I have on other stage coach routes.They're only valid for 1 hour which is stupid,what if your bus breaks down?:suspect:

Switcha only available to use on Optio Services

Help

Chris

You can use it on a Stagecoach 120 but not the First 120. But Stagecoach dont run upto Fulwood until Sunday and evenings!

Beginning to Look like another load of political nonsense the SYPTE have come up with without understanding what journeys people actually make. I suppose it addresses complaints about too many buses on the roads and promotional tickets being non-interchangeable....

Anyway here is a summary of what buses will operate in the affected areas after the changes....

The following buses will operate in the affected areas. Timetables can be downloaded at http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com.

First: (http://www.firstgroup.com/southyorkshire)

42 City-Crystal Peaks (OPTIO ORANGE)

44 City-Crystal Peaks via Birley (OPTIO ORANGE)

49 City-Killamarsh via Mosborough & Halfway (OPTIO ORANGE)

51 Lodge Moor-Broomhill-City-Gleadless-Charnock

52 Hillsborough-Crookes-Broomhill-City-Woodhouse

95 City-Walkley via Commonside

120 Fulwood-Hallamshire Hospital-City-Hackenthorpe-Crystal Peaks-Halfway* (OPTIO ORANGE)

* Halfway evenings and Sundays only

Stagecoach (http://www.stagecoachbus.com/sheffield)

50/50A City-Mosborough-Eckington-Chesterfield (OPTIO ORANGE)

52 Hillsborough-Crookes-Broomhill-City-Woodhouse

53 City-Mosborough-Eckington-Mansfield (OPTIO ORANGE)

120 Fulwood*-Hallamshire Hospital-City-Hackenthorpe-Crystal Peaks-Halfway (OPTIO ORANGE)

123 Endcliffe-Hallamshire Hospital-City-Manor Top-Woodhouse-Crystal Peaks (OPTIO ORANGE)

BLUE TRAM Malin Bridge-Hillsborough-City-Gleadless Townend-Crystal Peaks-Halfway

* Fulwood evenings and Sundays only

TM Travel (http://www.tmtravel.co.uk)

31/31A City-Upperthorpe-Walkley-Hillsborough

49# City-Mosborough-Halfway-Killamarsh-Harthill-Rotherham (OPTIO ORANGE)

123# City-Manor Top-Woodhouse (OPTIO ORANGE)

241/242 City-Broomhill-Rivelin-Bamford-Castleton/Bakewell

252 City-Gleadless-Ridgeway-Eckington-Crystal Peaks

X26 City-Crystal Peaks-Halfway-Killamarsh

X52 City-Crystal Peaks-Eckinton

# evenings and Sundays only

So you are moaning about waiting an extra minute? Try living on a route that is every half hour / 45 minutes.

The buses are to be redistributed to other routes to aid with reliability there i believe so instead of a load of buses on one route chasing each other down the road increasing pollution by travelling at lower speeds

Im not often on the side of the PTE but what exactly can they do to improve reliability above working with the bus companies?

If you read half the threads on here then people would seeme to want to put the services back into the hands of the authority (in this area that would be the PTE)

Then in your second paragraph you but that the bus copanies would use the "you want to run the routes..... i dont think so" even though you had already said it wasnt possible so a bit of a moot point to make really.

So taking your solution to leave it as it is and accept tickets i take it you dont want extended running hours in an evening or a Sunday?

If you think the busses taken off this service will be used on other services which run less frequent you are living in an other world. How can decreasing the service and making you change bus to get where you want improve the service. This has come about after a public consultation with the public, Would like to meet the person who said they wanted a poorer service at a higher price

The partnership means you can catch any participating bus along Optio Orange routes using an Optio Orange Day or Week ticket. So whatever the operator, you can always catch the next bus that comes along. The result? More choice, less waiting and much easier bus journeys. Here comes Orange Optio...

Fares:

Optio Orange Day - £3.00

Optio Orange Week - £9.00

Optio Orange Switcha - £1.40

* First bus drivers will NOT accept Stagecoach Sheffield Dayrider or Megarider network tickets for travel on the Fulwood – Halfway Optio Orange Network.

* Stagecoach bus drivers will NOT accept FirstDay or FirstWeek Sheffield or South Yorkshire network Orange tickets for travel on the Fulwood – Halfway Optio Orange Network.

* TM Travel bus drivers will NOT accept FirstDay or FirstWeek Sheffield or South Yorkshire network tickets or Stagecoach Sheffield Dayrider or Megarider tickets for travel on the Fulwood – Halfway Optio Orange Network.

Only Optio Orange and TravelMaster tickets can be used on all Optio services.

Bus Services:

First 40 (Fulwood – City) - will be replaced by First 120 (Fulwood – City – Crystal Peaks) Monday to Saturday daytime.

First 41 (Halfway – City) - will be replaced by Stagecoach 120 (Halfway – City – Hallamshire Hospital) Monday to Saturday daytime. (Both operators will operate Fulwood – City – Halfway during the evenings and on Sundays)

First 42 (Crystal Peaks – City) - will operate via Granville Road and Moorfoot instead of Duke Street, High Street and Pinstone Street

First 44 (Crystal Peaks – Birley – City – Endcliffe) - will operate to and from the city centre only via Granville Road and Moorfoot instead of Duke Street, High Street and Pinstone Street. It will no longer operate to Endcliffe. The timetable of the 42 and 44 is coordinated between Intake and the city centre.

First 49 (Killamarsh – City) - will now serve Rotherham Road at Ox Close and Mosbrough village. The service will run to and from the Interchange via Granville Road instead of Duke Street, High Street and Pinstone Street.

Journeys as far as Norwood, will do the same.

Stagecoach 50/50A (Eckington – City) – minor timetable changes.

Stagecoach 53/53A (Mansfield - City) - is included for ticket purposes only.

New First 120 (Fulwood – City – Crystal Peaks) - Monday to Saturday daytime. This service will no longer serve Hallam Grange Road and Redmires Road.

Stagecoach 120 (Halfway – City – Hallamshire Hospital) - Monday to Saturday daytime. This service will no longer serve Hallam Grange Road or Redmires Road.

Both First and Stagecoach will operate a co-ordinated timetable Fulwood – City – Halfway during the evenings and on Sundays.

Stagecoach 123 (Crystal Peaks – City – Walkley) - will now operate Crystal Peaks – City – Endcliffe. It will no longer operate to Walkley. TM Travel journeys will not be changed.

Notes:

* Crystal Peaks - Royal Hallamshire Hospital combined frequency with the 120s will be 4 minutes Monday - Friday, 5 minutes Saturday and 10 minutes evenings and Sundays.

* Intake - City Centre combined frequency with the 42/44s will be 10 minutes Monday - Saturday and 30 minutes evenings and Sundays.

* Mosborough - City Centre combined frequency with the 49/50/50As will be 15 minutes Monday - Saturday daytime.

Think that just about covers the major points for now...

(From South Yorkshire Transport Forum)[/quote

You can catch any buss , well you can now if you got a travel master ,Daytripper. Remember if you use other bus than on the optio route you will need two tickets /Passes. As for less waiting ,if you live at either end of this route you will have to wait longer as service reduced and also have to change bus on route therefore waiting again. Unless the problem of traffic is sorted the busses will still bunch up together.

Archived