New Optio Ticket/Service

Thanks for the advice everyone - looks like a lot of people are going to be inconvenienced by this 'new improved service'. As suggested I will complain.

And I never saw any consultation on this one.

The old system worked fine. OK if your Stagecoach bus or First bus did not arrive first at the stop at least you knew yours would only be a few minutes away under normal circumstances and even if you caught the OTHER bus it only cost £1.30

Just spotted this in the Q&A

3.18 Currently I travel on the Stagecoach 120 from Fulwood and change onto another Stagecoach service, therefore I buy a Stagecoach Megarider or Dayrider. Will I be able to continue to do this under the new network?

Not all the time because Stagecoach buses will only run to/from Fulwood in the evening and on Sundays.

Operator Network tickets will still be available for people making journeys on one particular operator’s buses.

Customers who wish to use the Stagecoach bus network who board a First bus between Fulwood and Hallamshire Hospital should purchase an Optio Orange Day ticket on the First bus. On showing the Optio Orange day ticket the customer can then purchase an ‘Add on’ ticket on any Stagecoach bus to gain travel across the Stagecoach Sheffield bus network.

Customers wishing to use the First bus network who board a Stagecoach bus between Halfway and Crystal Peaks should purchase an Optio Orange day ticket on the Stagecoach bus. On showing the Optio day ticket the customer can then purchase an ‘Add on’ ticket on the subsequent First bus to gain travel across the First bus network.

An alternative option is to buy a TravelMaster which allows travel on all operators' services, including trams and trains.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/optioqanda/

Just spotted this in the Q&A

3.18 Currently I travel on the Stagecoach 120 from Fulwood and change onto another Stagecoach service, therefore I buy a Stagecoach Megarider or Dayrider. Will I be able to continue to do this under the new network?

Not all the time because Stagecoach buses will only run to/from Fulwood in the evening and on Sundays.

Operator Network tickets will still be available for people making journeys on one particular operator’s buses.

Customers who wish to use the Stagecoach bus network who board a First bus between Fulwood and Hallamshire Hospital should purchase an Optio Orange Day ticket on the First bus. On showing the Optio Orange day ticket the customer can then purchase an ‘Add on’ ticket on any Stagecoach bus to gain travel across the Stagecoach Sheffield bus network.

Customers wishing to use the First bus network who board a Stagecoach bus between Halfway and Crystal Peaks should purchase an Optio Orange day ticket on the Stagecoach bus. On showing the Optio day ticket the customer can then purchase an ‘Add on’ ticket on the subsequent First bus to gain travel across the First bus network.

An alternative option is to buy a TravelMaster which allows travel on all operators' services, including trams and trains.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/optioqanda/

But I can't get an 'add on' for my megarider? I will miss the tram so much.

Why not just run both First and Stagecoach 120s the whole route? The people who want either end are screwed.

That should go on to say "in Sheffield". The "Add on" tickets are only valid for travel within the Sheffield boundary, not "across the First bus network".

From reading a thread on another forum, it would appear that the Stagecoach 120 service will be benefitting from the introduction of around 21 vehicles from next month, as part of the new Optio scheme. However these have been diverted away from the Stagecoach 52 service which will now have to put up with the crap that is used on it at the moment. They will be Hybrid double-decker vehicles.

Source: South Yorkshire Transport Forum

After several e-mails to First and Stagecoach - they just seem to be missing the point that this new service is going to cost me and several others more to get to work. It may only be a few quid a week but over the year it amounts to £200 plus. In this climate a little means a lot.

Both companies have given me details on all the tickets etc but the bottom line is the cost. No one has answered my question as to why if it's a joint service then why can't we use either providers weekly ticket on either bus !

Walked half the way this morning just to test the water - feeling knacked but

it may be the way ahead.

onward and upward

After several e-mails to First and Stagecoach - they just seem to be missing the point that this new service is going to cost me and several others more to get to work. It may only be a few quid a week but over the year it amounts to £200 plus. In this climate a little means a lot.

Both companies have given me details on all the tickets etc but the bottom line is the cost. No one has answered my question as to why if it's a joint service then why can't we use either providers weekly ticket on either bus !

Walked half the way this morning just to test the water - feeling knacked but

it may be the way ahead.

onward and upward

They are not missing the point as its an SYPTE scheme. If they accepted each others tickets on a scheme not brokered by the SYPTE then it would be breaking the law.

You need to complian to the SYPTE as they are the scheme promoters and scheme broker.

I suspect you'll get nowhere though as SYPTE have a very 'I know best' attitude.

They are not missing the point as its an SYPTE scheme. If they accepted each others tickets on a scheme not brokered by the SYPTE then it would be breaking the law.

You need to complian to the SYPTE as they are the scheme promoters and scheme broker.

I suspect you'll get nowhere though as SYPTE have a very 'I know best' attitude.

This is very good advice. You need to make the PTE aware of any issues.

This is a pilot project. Changes can be made and lessons can be learned.

I have made the responsible officers at the PTE aware of this thread, so they are noting the concerns already rasied. However, it is best if you make direct, personal representation to them. Address any concerns to the Director of Customer Experience and they will get top the right person.

To befair to the PTE, they have a difficult job, as no matter what they do, it is difficult to please absolutely everyone.

It's still a complete waste of money, time and effort. I mean when was the last time you heard anyone in a queue saying "oh there's too many buses on this route, maybe they should cut them down" too many buses has lead to increases in passenger levels. If other routes can't sustain that, then thats those areas. Leave our buses along City Road alone!!!

Archived