Mcdonalds admits defeat in Israel

Considering how 'outsiders' are treated in Israel, this is hardly a surprise. They were probably forced out.

Sad.

KatieB, Angel Street area you mean? Cheers, I'll be on my way :-)

Oh and CXC3000, when I was in Israel I was an outsider and was treated with respect and courtesy by the Israelis. Got pestered a bit in Arab towns (Nazareth/Bethlehem/Jaffa) but I was expecting that, so it didn't bother me.

I take it you're not Arab (or Muslim) ? - if you were, you'd be singing a different tune...

I take it you're not Arab (or Muslim) ? - if you were, you'd be singing a different tune...

never been to Israel though have you. What the hell do you know about it. You can't necessarily tell an Arab from a Jew just by looking at them in Israel. If you knew Israel at all, you'd know that. All we know about you, is that you hate Jews, and just because you know there's quite a lot of Jews in Israel, you hate Israel too.

which is very sad indeed, but then that's your tragedy, not ours.

Actually I'm a felafel loving white married heterosexual middle-aged British agnostic male. But in this thread only the felafel loving bit is relevant - Felafel, breakfast of champions :). Get some chilli sauce on it, yummy yum yum! AIR there's a felafel stand near Tel Aviv central bus station that used to put 2 or 3 chips on top, a bit odd but nice nonetheless.

There's an opening for chippies in this country who already do Kebabs, simply replace the meat with 4-5 deep-fried felafel balls. CHALLENGE - which Sheffield chippie will give this delicious and simple food a whirl?

• 1 month later...
KatieB, Angel Street area you mean? Cheers, I'll be on my way :-)

Oh and CXC3000, when I was in Israel I was an outsider and was treated with respect and courtesy by the Israelis. Got pestered a bit in Arab towns (Nazareth/Bethlehem/Jaffa) but I was expecting that, so it didn't bother me.

FYI just seen this:

Fanoush - NEW Falafal Salad Bar on London Road

This is a bit of a non story really.

McCraps do a local version of menus all over the world in an attempt to suit local tastes. For instance, in Muslims countries there isn't any pork on the menu while the same goes for beef in Hindu countries.

In Indonesia, they so versions of commonly available street food but it's a poor copy.

Some menu items work while others don't.

It's just that the press picked up on this one for some odd reason.

Archived