beadle1

Graham for manager  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Graham for manager

• yes
    • maybe
    • no
    • never

Interesting views, my post was not a dig at John, as I totally agree John is a fine host but as the I understand he has left again, so I put Grahams name forward as the only other manager of the Bull who I think did a good job and as the Ranmoor inn is often taken to be the one which now sets the benchmark in the area, well I know from talking to Nigel that he too thinks Graham was a good manager and a loss to the trade in Ranmoor.

I also agree with the comments about too many people entering the trade who really don`t have an idea of just how difficult it is to be a success in the license trade.

I think the comments about forgetting to renew licenses shows the owners are inept at best but as the to-let signs are up again I don`t think the license issue applies here.

It a shame more of the 600 or so who have read the post have not left a comment or vote.

Thanks to you who have

IMHO the refit that turned it into a glorified cocktail bar is a major factor in it's demise. West 10 is now poseur's paradise, the Ranmoor Inn appears to do well, as does the Rising Sun at Nether Green, perhaps it's run it's course.

IMHO the refit that turned it into a glorified cocktail bar is a major factor in it's demise. West 10 is now poseur's paradise, the Ranmoor Inn appears to do well, as does the Rising Sun at Nether Green, perhaps it's run it's course.

Agreed in this enviroment the strongest will survive,basically our habits have changed and in time there will be far fewer pubs.

To be fair there are 3 pubs/bars in one block there although there may be enough trade for them at the weekend sun-thursday? can't see it.

• 2 weeks later...

I digress, but this is happening everywhere, going to the pub on a regular basis is a thing of the past. It was an inexpensive habit that became an expensive one, the smoking ban came at just the wrong time. If you think that things are bad in the UK, you ought to see what has happened to the UK/Irish pub trade in Spain, thank god, too many and too noisy.

Back to the Bulls Head, it needs to take trade off West 10 and The Fulwood Inn, it also needs a proper landlord/landlady with no onerous brewery ties or stupid rental costs.

Archived