Sheffield Forum Invitational Cup - 7th and 14th August

Sheffield Forum were poor just seemed to want to fight people had players with a very bad attitude walking off the pitch when they were losing etc.

That was the player that was booked towards the end. The other 3 were injured, one had to go back on to keep 11 on pitch although we should have played with 9. We had 2 subs and 4 players injured so told them to come off. The 3 that came off could not carry on, the keeper had to carry on as I couldn't play. All in all, a poor weekend for us and caused us more problems with injuries than it should have. Struggling now so we have a bit of time off.

thanks craigfox for sorting this. only complaint is our cb not being allowed to play cos of his sending off week before nobody even cared exept the ref from week before who had it in for us an his little chum (forum manager) even team we were playing, there players said the ref was being petty.

Refer to first page and violent conduct. Headbutt is simply unacceptable, don't care who it is or for which ever team. Tournament organisers agreed on this and I believe you were told last week that this was the case. Stop complaining about it!

an as for the forum manager what a joke you are mate we got our letter cos you reported us for playing a friendly on our own home pitch. at the end of the day no matter what rule book says to just set up on someones pitch is just disrespectfull your a joke.

Firstly, the joke is you! Get your facts right before flying accusations around on a forum.

1. I didn't write to anybody after that Sunday. Was tempted but never did. There were 2 teams involved so do not assume it was us. Nothing was written ANYWHERE or to ANYONE about pitch use that Sunday by me or as I know, any of my team.

2. As I pointed out, if it is your pitch next season, then it is yours for allocated home games from 4th September. Until then it is not yours unless booked and paid for, which when I enquired for a game week before, it simply wasn't bookable. Only 2 places can be booked for friendlies. Concord and Graves Park.

3. IF I had written to anybody, I would also have included a few words about the threatening behaviour from your team and mainly your manager, who on both times I have had the displeasure of being around him, had threatened me with violence.

4. As for setting up on your pitch, it was only decided to play there the Friday night before. We had happened to train there the week prior to that game and all pitches were empty. By the time I was told you could be there, it was too late (Saturday night) so we met at time we always meet, no one there so we set up.

5. Don't talk of being respectful when you can't do it yourself. Simple.

and untill you and your chum (the very very very poor ref) started having a word all was well sunday with our players. a couple of players playing for hillsborough even said quote: looks to me like ref is trying to wind your boys up before we even started

Again I was called over to confirm what I believe you had been told previously and what the rules state, during which I got nothing but abuse, which then continued by 2 players by the side of our game by the bar entrance.

hope your proud of yourselfs. so hope we get you in cup next season to put 10 past you (with a full squad) joker.

Hahaha let's just see if you manage to last a season first. From the friendly we had with you and things shouted from the side all the way to this tournament, things said to me and a referee, same happens in the league and its gonna be a tough season for you lot. Or maybe that should be expensive.

Sheffield forum were a shadow of the team I playedfor last season.

Low on confidence, no ideas how to break down teams and missing some decent players. They need to improve to do anything.

Shocking Sunday, too many problems and players that shouldn't have played. We were close to pulling out due to numbers, kinda lucky one of newbies pulled his mate along for the day just to give us numbers but just poor all round. Hopefully be all back up and running in 3 weeks time.

if the refs right as usual were all getting fined then as our player reg forms have only been in the post a week so in theory we dont have any players so what happens with bookings/fines?

i hope they really did give wrong names as we can say never seen em before they where trialists who coulnt keep there temper so we told em not to come back again lol and in tourny rules it said we can play trialists :hihi:

Teams will not be penalised for fielding unregistered players, FA was informed trials etc would be taking part for teams as part of pre season and pre season trials.

As for giving a false name, its rather pointless as the team has to pay the fine and the club then recoup the fine from the player. If you give a false name, it may be that the actual player may not be found out, although referees can hear what's going on with names and may take note should they need too. But failing that, the club will still have to pay the fines to the FA.

Give a false name in a league/cup game then you'd know about it. Oh and one more thing...you will find that Sheffield and Hallamshire County FA are present on this site, username something like SHCFA ;) just so you know!!

Oh forgot to add the :hihi:

That was the player that was booked towards the end. The other 3 were injured, one had to go back on to keep 11 on pitch although we should have played with 9. We had 2 subs and 4 players injured so told them to come off. The 3 that came off could not carry on, the keeper had to carry on as I couldn't play. All in all, a poor weekend for us and caused us more problems with injuries than it should have. Struggling now so we have a bit of time off.

To be honest thought you were struglling just thought it looked a bit bad on him and the team storming of thankfully he returned and i dont think the ref had any reason to book him so he gets a £10 fine just what you need.[B][/b]

Refer to first page and violent conduct. Headbutt is simply unacceptable, don't care who it is or for which ever team. Tournament organisers agreed on this and I believe you were told last week that this was the case. Stop complaining about it!

Agree if a player has done this tell him he can't play the following week would it really be necessary for the lad to miss the 1st game of his season due to a moment of madness in a friendly tournament.

As for giving a false name, its rather pointless as the team has to pay the fine and the club then recoup the fine from the player. If you give a false name, it may be that the actual player may not be found out, although referees can hear what's going on with names and may take note should they need too. But failing that, the club will still have to pay the fines to the FA.

Just what clubs need fines from FRIENDLIES from players they may never see again. Then for refs to threaten players with action on a open forum for voicing an opinion about there matches and falsly accusing people of things.

Give a false name in a league/cup game then you'd know about it. Oh and one more thing...you will find that Sheffield and Hallamshire County FA are present on this site, username something like SHCFA ;) just so you know!!

The big difference is no team sheets were handed in so no one knows if a false name was given and i think alot of people forgot in mainly the referee's it wasn't league or cup games it was FRIENDLY tournaments. If it was to be ran again i think ref's should ask for be players to be subbed for the game or take 10mins to calm like they do in friendly matches.

Few thoughts for next time.

Come on lads, while a fair few of us have cause for concern, is there any need to have a go at one another?

Its easy to get worked up by things, but take a step back and be the bigger man.

I think we can all agree that ****** **** is a poor referee and is a clown ;) oh sorry - he doesn't like being called a clown. Bloody Krusty.

May I just add to pahowl, I thinkyour comments regards reporting what a team has put on a forum is a bit low and shows your poor contempt towards other teams.

Come on lads, while a fair few of us have cause for concern, is there any need to have a go at one another?

Its easy to get worked up by things, but take a step back and be the bigger man.

I think we can all agree that ****** **** is a poor referee and is a clown ;) oh sorry - he doesn't like being called a clown. Bloody Krusty.

May I just add to pahowl, I thinkyour comments regards reporting what a team has put on a forum is a bit low and shows your poor contempt towards other teams.

Agree Robbie - I think most of us turn up sundays for the love of the game and in some cases -just to get away from your lass/wife n kids for a few hours :hihi::hihi:

So just let things drop on the arguing etc , and move on Its turning into a "Praise or Grumble page on ere " :hihi::hihi:

All the best to all teams next season lads !!

(unless you play us , then i hope you lose ;):hihi::hihi:)

***we were told he would recive a 1 match ban thats why crusty an then yourself got the reaction you did if that was the rules then fair enough

Firstly, the joke is you! Get your facts right before flying accusations around on a forum.

***hahahahaha

1. I didn't write to anybody after that Sunday. Was tempted but never did. There were 2 teams involved so do not assume it was us. Nothing was written ANYWHERE or to ANYONE about pitch use that Sunday by me or as I know, any of my team.

2. As I pointed out, if it is your pitch next season, then it is yours for allocated home games from 4th September. Until then it is not yours unless booked and paid for, which when I enquired for a game week before, it simply wasn't bookable. Only 2 places can be booked for friendlies. Concord and Graves Park.

3. IF I had written to anybody, I would also have included a few words about the threatening behaviour from your team and mainly your manager, who on both times I have had the displeasure of being around him, had threatened me with violence.

***he spoke to you like that as we ask you to move of our home pitch as we had a friendly that was arranged 3 week prior. where adults and arrange to share pitch with team who actually share it with us so you should have just moved end of but no you sit mouthing about rules an regs your sad mate.

4. As for setting up on your pitch, it was only decided to play there the Friday night before. We had happened to train there the week prior to that game and all pitches were empty. By the time I was told you could be there, it was too late (Saturday night) so we met at time we always meet, no one there so we set up.

5. Don't talk of being respectful when you can't do it yourself. Simple.

Again I was called over to confirm what I believe you had been told previously and what the rules state, during which I got nothing but abuse, which then continued by 2 players by the side of our game by the bar entrance.

***we werent told that as i said.

Hahaha let's just see if you manage to last a season first. From the friendly we had with you and things shouted from the side all the way to this tournament, things said to me and a referee, same happens in the league and its gonna be a tough season for you lot. Or maybe that should be expensive.

***its ok we can afford it iv been playing sunday league 10yrs+ so no the drill pal, also i/we will speak to you however we want who are you? a sad manager who has a problem with us. roll on season after this when we will be in same league and the scorline will do the talking.

Shocking Sunday, too many problems and players that shouldn't have played. We were close to pulling out due to numbers, kinda lucky one of newbies pulled his mate along for the day just to give us numbers but just poor all round. Hopefully be all back up and running in 3 weeks time.

Teams will not be penalised for fielding unregistered players, FA was informed trials etc would be taking part for teams as part of pre season and pre season trials.

***we wouldnt dream of doing that in a league game just as well they were all trialists apart from 2 yellows so we will have no bans for start of season.

***its ok :hihi:

Archived