Sheffield Forum Invitational Cup - 7th and 14th August

exactly I mean everyone on here will have been frustrated with a ref and said stuff they regret but to go to the extremes of shouting the words 'im going to break his jaw if he carries on' is a bit extreme and juvenile.

But overall massive thanks to the organsiers of the tournament for arranging it and doing the hard work. I think i can speak on behalf of my team that we all thoroughly enjoyed it and had good games against competitive teams.

thank you to the people who run it an yes i agree we were out of order in some respects but to be fair the refs should have swapped after a couple of games to keep things fresh as it felt like he had it in for us. not blaming him for our performances as thats our fault, but that ref was defo a joke he got lots of things wrong (i know it happens) but when someone says excuse me ref can i have a word an he says (with a tone in his voice) no then smirks like hes a better human being than us just cos hes got a ref badge he is out of order also when we were off knowhow player does exatley same as our first red with a collision then a reaction, an ref smirks again an turns a blind eye wheres that fair?(not that i want that player off just feels he had it in for us) the second red was discusting an the player has been told so all i can do is apologies about that an say they will be non of that next week i assure you

i agree good game that you boys are a good side thought we were good enough to go through with you but credit where due bohemians keeper got them through in last game some quality saves well done. the break inbetween games spoilt our rhythem i espesially ceased up lol. its our first season as a team so some of our players are inexperienced an ott (with ref etc) just hope we dont cop for that ref next week as imo he is....... well im not even goin there well done though

Agree with Fairbank were best team yest, looked very good.

Unfortunately we just couldnt get our attacking game going, poor play by us.

Hopefully our main attacker will be back next Sun, his knee was size of a football yesterday, never good!

Already looking forward to next week!

While I may have gone over the top with the ref at the end of the games, he brought a lot of it on himself.

I agree, that they're only there to do a job, but they must also understand that we're there for a game of football, not to watch them prancing around giving awful decisions and their interpretations of the laws of the game.

Sadly, we have had the ref mentioned before, he seemed to take it upon himself previously to give our team a very bad name.

A team, that had only had 4 bookings in a season when he was not reffing.

He went out of his way previously, ringing other refs and informing them of what we were apparently like.

I thought, he may have changed slightly. It would appear he is just as bad officiating now, as he was previously.

I know he will be reading this, so I need not mention the official involved.

What gets people most with him, is that he will give a decision (rightly or wrongly) a player will ask for an explanation and he will tell them to shut up or be booked.

Referees are there to manage a game, not increase the FA coffers 10 fold.

After a game when asked why a player was sent off, he said dissent..... fair enough I thought. I asked what he'd done..... 'I can't remember'.

Great.....

It says something when all 4 teams he was officiating had a problem with him. And also other teams on the other pitch who he wasn't even officiating.

It gives me no great pleasure, having a go at a ref. I may well have gone over the top, but he has to realise it is an emotional game, and when he is effecting results, people will end up blowing a fuse.

Anyway, our lads failed to turn up in the first game, well beaten and thoroughly deserved. 2nd and 3rd games were more even (although Fairbank deserved their victory too). New Bohemians.... well, they're good at stifling opponents. But need to add some firepower up front.

Ps, I agree - threats towards the ref is not acceptable

Pps, pink2bubble is a let down of the highest order

well done to new bohemians (1st + 2nd team)

& fairbank fc & dronfield town

semi fix-

new boh (1st) vs dronfield town

& new boh (2nd) vs fairbank

ps.was good in group stages!but when we had to wait 2 hrs b4 next game was rubbish lol,+ can all teams on 14th aug please pick all rubbish up and put in bins thanks & well played

For next week, the fixtures, pitch and times are below - (35 min eachway)

Pitch 1 - New Bohemians (A) vs Dronfield Town - 11am KO (1)

Pitch 2 - Wyvern vs Hillsborough - 11am KO (2)

Pitch 1 - New Bohemians (B) vs Fairbank Rhodes - 12.20 KO (3)

Pitch 2 - Sheffield Forum vs KnowHow FC - 12.20 KO (4)

Pitch 1 - Loser (1) vs Loser (2) 1.30pm

Pitch 2 - Loser (3) vs Loser (4) 1.30pm

Pitch 1 - Winner (1) vs Winner (2) 3pm

Pitch 2 - Winner (3) vs Winner (4) 3pm

The times are subject to change depending if extra time is required in any match.

The trophy and medals will be presented to the Winners and runners-up at the end of the games, and would be great if everyone who has been involved to be there.

Archived