Sheffield Forum Invitational Cup - 7th and 14th August

Happier with the performance from our boys this weekend, while I know we can play better than we did - it was good to see the players respond to what they needed to do.

Coming back twice against wyvern and winning showed that we had some spirit. A good game, nice to see us finally beatthem. They much of the game in the first half, but the second half we came out and gave them a game.

Sheffield forum were a shadow of the team I playedfor last season.

Low on confidence, no ideas how to break down teams and missing some decent players. They need to improve to do anything.

Nice to not have the 2 games spoiled by a referee.... He got a few decisions wrong, but at least you could talk to him about it.

Agreed, the tackle Owl84 referred to was a sending off offence (our player played no further part) but I'm happy he was allowed to stay on the pitch and keep it 11vs11....

I personally think in situations where the ref is thinking of sending someone off - they should speak with their manager and agree te player should be subbed an play no further part of the game. After all, it's a friendly tournament.

Thanks go to the organisers.

Happier with the performance from our boys this weekend, while I know we can play better than we did - it was good to see the players respond to what they needed to do.

Coming back twice against wyvern and winning showed that we had some spirit. A good game, nice to see us finally beatthem. They much of the game in the first half, but the second half we came out and gave them a game.

Sheffield forum were a shadow of the team I playedfor last season.

Low on confidence, no ideas how to break down teams and missing some decent players. They need to improve to do anything.

Nice to not have the 2 games spoiled by a referee.... He got a few decisions wrong, but at least you could talk to him about it.

Agreed, the tackle Owl84 referred to was a sending off offence (our player played no further part) but I'm happy he was allowed to stay on the pitch and keep it 11vs11....I personally think in situations where the ref is thinking of sending someone off - they should speak with their manager and agree te player should be subbed an play no further part of the game. After all, it's a friendly tournament.Thanks go to the organisers.

Totally agree this one in our game wasnt a leg breaking tackle or anything like that the keeper who isnt a keeper got caught out dragged the player down. Stone wall penalty which they would have scored let the game carry on. Now hes sending the sending off in he gets banned and a fine all for helping out in a friendly tournament its a joke. If this was going to be done teamsheets should have been took etc.

Sheffield Forum were poor just seemed to want to fight people had players with a very bad attitude walking off the pitch when they were losing etc.

thanks craigfox for sorting this. only complaint is our cb not being allowed to play cos of his sending off week before nobody even cared exept the ref from week before who had it in for us an his little chum (forum manager) even team we were playing, there players said the ref was being petty. he was even cheering for knowhow in our second game trying to wind us up (thought refs were neutral) the man is a clown prob got bullied at school an thinks his ref badge makes him a better human being than a normal working bloke who likes playing sunday league. an as for the forum manager what a joke you are mate we got our letter cos you reported us for playing a friendly on our own home pitch. at the end of the day no matter what rule book says to just set up on someones pitch is just disrespectfull your a joke. and untill you and your chum (the very very very poor ref) started having a word all was well sunday with our players. a couple of players playing for hillsborough even said quote: looks to me like ref is trying to wind your boys up before we even started

hope your proud of yourselfs. so hope we get you in cup next season to put 10 past you (with a full squad) joker.

also welldone fairbank for winning and every other team we had a good competative game with enjoyed them,

also well done robbies boys finally beating us lol good fighting spirit looking forward to our league meetings hope you come 2nd lol an big tom morleys getting it lol scoing like that (only kidding dont do a forum an report me) good luck for season

Think I know which Referee ‘The Manager’ is talking about, the one that refereed the 3rd v 4th game was a absolute disgrace by this time we only had 11 players two of our players had to leave (One before the 1st game) and our keeper after the first game.

So how come you still had a sub on the sidelines

After about 30 seconds he sent off our stand in keeper (normally a fullback)

so why protest about you not having a keeper for the first game in the league!

for pulling down a lad one on one there was at least one man back on the line

still an obvious goalscoring opportunity,

this totally spoiled the game he spoilt what could have been a good game of football

It was the keeper who decided to spolit the game and cheat by pulling someone back by his collar when he had been outskilled by the forward.

He was adamant that he would send the booking

Yes it was an affiliated tournament with affiliated referees so all cautions and sendings off go in

in the lad who was sent off isn’t registered to any side so not sure how he will go about this

Fielding an unregistered player will also get you into more trouble.

It was like he was determined to spoil

Like i said before it was the keeper who decided to spoil the game by cheating

what could have been a very good game of football he was always in players ears wanting to be the centre of attention even at corners. At one point someone said to him that he was like a little child answering back

so you are the big lad - centre half - who was constantly moaning, the only one constantly at it!! he responded ‘am not’ point proven. He wasn’t consistent with his decision and wouldn’t explain things

I explained the sending off to you two/three times but you kept going off at tangents about the Liverpool game, its being a tournament, two then three players back on the line!,

wanted to talk over the top of you and wouldn’t listen to explanations

Overall decent day think the best 2 teams got to the final over the 2 weekends although if that semi was 10 minutes longer might have been different for Bohemians A.

By the way I will be sending a copy of this to the CFA

What's the cfa?

The keeper made a error got punished by giving a penalty away as it was a friendly that would have been plenty punishment didn't cheat got caught out pulled a player down wasn't aggressive in anyway held his hands up accpeted the penalty should have been incident over. No player had to be registered for a team to enter the tournament lots of players having trials helping mates out like the sub who came half hour from the end the sub I presume your talking about. No team sheets handed in or names asked for and no I didn't play centre half if it was me who had said that i would have said 'I said to him'.

Can imagine who the ref the other guy is talking about.:confused:

players playing for hillsborough even said quote: looks to me like ref is trying to wind your boys up before we even started

also welldone fairbank for winning and every other team we had a good competative game with enjoyed them,

That Ref we all seem to not like :hihi: Im sure we had him for a game last season in lge , just hope we dont get him this season . i did think we should have got a pen in the Wyven game, but overall i think like i said The tournament went well , I would stick to only 8 teams max tho , with longer games over more weeks perhaps.

And Well done to Fairbank for winning it , and again to others .

I think forum had injuries, players missing in 2nd game as we won them 7-0 , tho perhaps it was the best we played in the tournament in that game !!

if the refs right as usual were all getting fined then as our player reg forms have only been in the post a week so in theory we dont have any players so what happens with bookings/fines?

i hope they really did give wrong names as we can say never seen em before they where trialists who coulnt keep there temper so we told em not to come back again lol and in tourny rules it said we can play trialists :hihi:

Archived