Can't go out in my own city ??

Notorious

:rant:

Can anybody tell me why I can't get in to my local night club during the week, Just because I decided to work instead of being a scruffy tax dodger with a mullet ?? (Student)

Surely a sheffielder should get more benifits to living in this city (Cheap club entry and drinks etc...) than someone that comes from another part of the country ???

P.s I do actuall like students :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Notorious

:rant:

Can anybody tell me why I can't get in to my local night club during the week, Just because I decided to work instead of being a scruffy tax dodger with a mullet ?? (Student)

Surely a sheffielder should get more benifits to living in this city (Cheap club entry and drinks etc...) than someone that comes from another part of the country ???

P.s I do actuall like students :thumbsup:

Take my approach - if a night club won't let you in, consider it a lucky escape. :)

I now refuse to go to places with a door policy based on 'style' or 'dress code'.

We get the best benefits already - we live here. Think of what it must be like to have to go home to Leeds every day.... ;)

Seriously, I don't think that there's any need to discriminate except on behaviour. In fact, it starts to get a little 'Royston Vasey' - local clubs for local people... :)

Joe

Good. Locals should not be allowed into student nights. They think they own the whole club because they are locals [yokels more like]. I got smacked by a local guy on a supposed student night at gatecrasher when I was a first year. My crime? Apparently I had 'barged' into him.

Now if anyone has been into a nightclub, you'll know that it's almost impossible to avoid contact with other people when you are walking by.

Besides, why would you want to go to a student night? They aren't the best nights unless you want to listen to cheese music all night.

Originally posted by Ubiquitous

Good. Locals should not be allowed into student nights. They think they own the whole club because they are locals [yokels more like]. I got smacked by a local guy on a supposed student night at gatecrasher when I was a first year. My crime? Apparently I had 'barged' into him.

Now if anyone has been into a nightclub, you'll know that it's almost impossible to avoid contact with other people when you are walking by.

Besides, why would you want to go to a student night? They aren't the best nights unless you want to listen to cheese music all night.

I'm sorry to hear that Ubiquitous, but we're not all like that. We're generally very friendly yokels. :thumbsup:

I think the desire to get into such places during the week is because of the atmosphere. Nobody likes going to empty clubs, which is generally the norm during the week. I don't think clubs should be restricted to just student nights. Having been a student, but now not, I still enjoy these sorts of places and (has mentioned in previous threads) students are down to earth people, its nice to mix with them.

Originally posted by Ubiquitous

some people are just palin idiotic in clubs

however, students in Sheffield (from my experience) seem to be less inclined to say sorry or have any manners at all. The amount of time I'm been barged and knocked into and not had a sorry or anything is staggering considering my size.

girls are the worst. just barge past people with no respect or manners.

I'd just like to say that I know many students and they are generally polite, friendly people. However, put them in say The Pamona or Gatecrasher and it isn;t suprising why some get hit.

I was in Hull for 3 years at uni. the only times I ever got hit were on student nights. Never had an issue on dodgy local nights as I'm poliite and apologise

Originally posted by robbie

some people are just palin idiotic in clubs

however, students in Sheffield (from my experience) seem to be less inclined to say sorry or have any manners at all. The amount of time I'm been barged and knocked into and not had a sorry or anything is staggering considering my size.

girls are the worst. just barge past people with no respect or manners.

As if the problem is only limited to students ... of course, all locals are friendly and never barge into each other and always act in a courtly manner when in night clubs!

Gimme a break - there is always far more trouble at a non-student night as opposed to a student night.

And I agree girls are by far the worst. Especially ones who are fit - and know it. They know they can get away with it I guess![/generalisation].

I refuse to apologise for something I haven't done just to help increase some yobs ego.

Archived