Ceiling fan help please

Right now firstly i know alot of people are going to think is this a serious thread or are you an idiot and the answer is yes its a serious question and yes im an idiot when it comes to this kind of thing.

So basically im looking for a cheap ceiling fan and im just wondering is it a strain on the cieling or is it fine? I live in a block of flats owned by the council and im on the ground floor and have one flat above me.

Also based on the information ive relayed would this be suitable http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/shopping/shoppinglist.jsp

First of all, do NOT buy a cheap ceiling fan! Really. They make noise and eventually some inexpensive part that can't be replaced will go out and you'll have to replace the entire fan. It's definitely worth the money to buy a good one. Not crazy expensive, but good quality. Hunter is a good brand.

Do you have a ceiling light fixture? If you do, just use those wires and replace the light with the fan. Fans also come with light kits attached if you want one. You'll definitely need two people and a ladder but it goes very quickly. Get a five blade fan, you can use a lower speed to save energy when you do need it. It cost very little to run a ceiling fan but they move a lot of air. Balancing the blades so it doesn't wobble after it's installed can be a challenge but stores sell fan balancing kits. Good luck.

I fitted two think they got them from argos £20 each no problem.As stated to joist and dont cheat putting smaller screws in.If you have a gas fire or gas cooker in what ever room its going into council will tell you to remove fan there not allowed.

Archived